Spamgourmet will stay up, and some life updates

General discussion re sg.

Re: Spamgourmet will stay up, and some life updates

Postby Whatifi » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:04 am

Josiah,

I am at a loss for words at the news of your father’s passing as well as your generosity in continuing Spamgourmet. I hope he knew how much he was appreciated.

❤️
Whatifi

Postby sopan123 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:12 pm

Joshia,

our heartfelt support for you and your family at the sad news of your father's illness. i've been there often. In the end, God doesn't let any of us out alive. There's noway out except UP. as in toward love, and the light. I have encouraged your Dad to place a nominal yearly fee for the use of service. Several years if fact, but each time he demurred. I know without ever asking that 99% of the users would be HAPPY to pay the fair fee for you to learn and run the system,PLUS make the honest profit it deserves.

i'm sure from my own fatherhood experiences, that despite what he might say, he'd be overjoyed to find you safe and secure financially using his work as a start.

Please feel free to PM me or

sopan123@pm.me

icantread@trashmail.net

for anything.

i have started and run tech companies. I always admired your dad's just do it attitude, when encountering something he wanted to counter, ...spam. His work should be an OS or net provider standard upgrade option. It's a very important piece of work.

thanks
sopan123

Postby leishirsute » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:53 pm

What brave souls are Josh and his family.
I read the email threads and was in awe of someone who was dealing with his health problems and still owning the responsibility of the email security of others.
Josiah, thank you for continuing the ownership of this valuable service.
Would you prefer us to wait to donate until you have a donate site arranged, or should we continue to use the donate link on the spamgourmet website?
leishirsute

Postby sba923 » Sat May 09, 2020 9:17 am

Hi Josiah,

Please let us know how you want to accept donations looking forward. In memory of your father, this service deserves eternal life.

Anything I can do to help you running the service?

My daughter's turned 13, and soon she'll be asked everywhere to supply her email address. Your dad's work changed my life so much, I'd hate that she wouldn't get the same protection.

Best regards,

Stéphane, Charenton-le-Pont, France
sba923

Postby dncarac » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:17 am

I'm sorry to hear about your father. As much as I want SG to continue on, I hope you put him, and your family, first.

Den
dncarac

Previous

Return to General Discussion