SpamGourmet - Pinterest weird with a no-registering loop

Use this forum to get help.

SpamGourmet - Pinterest weird with a no-registering loop

Postby Laurent C. » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:49 am

Hi

I'm rather new in SpamGourmet and I find this service above most others : -)

I'm using it to avoid registering myself directly on unnecessary services that forced today the registration like Instagram which I follow sometimes forced by information submissions found there by companies, but that I do not use really
I have also opened an account on Facebook
I do not want to be bothered by these social media, or to be traced every time although I'm not even a real member !
:D Just to say that everything is working well with SpamGourmet

I was also interested in Pinterest where there are a lot of useless junks, but sometimes products are described here
But, I was in the impossibility to sign up, totally lost in translation inside an infinite loop
The process below
I have found nothing in the forum...

:?: Have you heard of a SpamGourmet blocking in Pinterest ?

Regards

--
https://www.pinterest.fr
Register : accept and toggle immediately towards the log in
Continue log in
:!: Failure : The email you entered does not belong to any account.
Laurent C.

Re: SpamGourmet - Pinterest weird with a no-registering loop

Postby Laurent C. » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:17 pm

Not better with email registration using 0sg[dot]net domain...
Laurent C.

Postby omatic » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:18 pm

I've noticed the same problem, using xoxy.net and dfgh.net
In fact this "loop" seems to me to be just a non-registration. Then when you try to log in it just tells you that you are not registered. That means that when pinterest recognizes a SG address, it stops the process of registration, without even notifying. :(
I've encountered a lot of problems of this type lately with my SG address, unfortunately. See for instance my post here.
omatic

Postby Laurent C. » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:14 am

Wow :(
Not very good for us at first glance...

Josh, Do we have any chance to get help on that Pinterest and China issues with SpamGourmet or testimonies to determine the plausibility ? 

Regards
Laurent C.

Postby jgonggrijp » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:43 pm

This is a bit of a late reply, but some organizations use software that blocks spamgourmet domains, due to a misunderstanding of what spamgourmet is. I have tried pointing this out to such organizations on several occasions, always without success. Even when the person responding to my report is willing to help (which was possibly even in a majority of cases), they are never able to get through to the people maintaining those blocklists. Those blocklist maintainers are really stubborn.

Basically, there is no quick solution other than using a non-spamgourmet address. michaeldlr has some bright ideas that might improve spamgourmet's reputation in the long run.
jgonggrijp

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...