Dropbox signup not allowing SG domain.

Use this forum to get help.

Dropbox signup not allowing SG domain.

Postby TheAnti-SpamMan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:48 am

Hello fellow SG users,

I'm trying to sign up for a Dropbox account with a disposable SG email address and it's not working. I contacted their tech support and they said SG needs to allow the domain because it's privately owned. Has anyone else had trouble signing up with Dropbox? I didn't see anything when searching this for Dropbox. Years ago I successfully signed up for a Dropbox account using a SG address so I know it at least used to be possible. Any ideas as to what might be causing this now or how to fix it? Not sure what might have changed between now and then. Thank you very much if you know! :)

Sincerely,
TheAnti-SpamMan
TheAnti-SpamMan

Re: Dropbox signup not allowing SG domain.

Postby josh » Wed May 01, 2019 11:57 pm

I have been using a spamgourmet address for dropbox for a few years now.

I don't understand what they mean about SG allowing their domain - did they give you any more information?
josh

Postby TheAnti-SpamMan » Thu May 02, 2019 3:11 am

From: Hayden Dropbox Support - support@dropbox.zendesk.com
Date: Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 10:37 AM
Subject: DB: Trying to set up phone after factory reset. (dropbox2: message 4 of 20)
To: dropbox2.20.eemaill@neverbox.com <dropbox2.20.eemaill@neverbox.com>

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Ticket #9153234: DB: Trying to set up phone after factory reset.

You can add a response by replying to this email.

Please be sure to reply with the same email address that you used to originally contact us.

Hayden, Apr 29, 8:36 AM PDT:
Hi There,

Thank you for contacting Dropbox Support, My name is Hayden and this issue has been flagged up to me, I will be your point of contact going forward.

Upon investigation it appears this domain is privately owned and therefore you will need to reach out to the owner of the 'neverbox.com' domain for approval.

Unfortunately we cannot assist with this. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards,
Hayden

dropbox2.20.eemaill@neverbox.com, Apr 24, 7:03 PM PDT:

Howdy Leah,

Thank you again for helping me out. If it's helpful, the similar
email address for the church account is
dropbox1.20.eemaill@neverbox.com.

Your customer,

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 8:26 AM Leah Dropbox Support -
support@dropbox.zendesk.com <support@dropbox.zendesk.com> wrote:

Leah, Apr 23, 6:26 AM PDT:
Hi ,

Thank you for your reply and for being such a great help, so far.

I sent your request to a member of my team who specializes in this kind of issue. They'll review it carefully, and get back to you as soon as possible.

In the meantime, if there's any additional information that you think would be helpful for us to know, please forward it along by replying to this email. (We're able to troubleshoot faster if we have all relevant info in the same email chain.)

Best regards
Leah

dropbox2.20.eemaill@neverbox.com, Apr 22, 5:14 PM PDT:
Hi Leah,

Here's the reply. Thank you very much for assisting me with setting this up.

Your customer,

Leah, Apr 22, 7:59 AM PDT:

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting Dropbox Support Team! My name is Leah and I will be assisting you today.

For security purposes, would you please reply to this message directly from your dropbox2.20.eemaill@neverbox.com email address? This will enable us to help further with your request.

Looking forward for your response.

Best regards
Leah

dropbox2.20.eemaill@neverbox.com, Apr 20, 9:36 PM PDT:

During this phone's initial setup process, it's telling me Dropbox can automatically save pictures and videos. I'm trying to make a new home account for this. This account is using a very similar email address for a different account I made for church. The website said the "neverbox" domain needs tech support approval so that's why I'm contacting you. Can you please make this account for me? Thank you very much if you can.

Device: Gifted Samsung Galaxy Note 3 mobile phone.

[93O389-WK0O]
TheAnti-SpamMan

Postby TheAnti-SpamMan » Thu May 02, 2019 3:13 am

Hi Josh,
I posted the email chain slightly edited. Please let me know if you'd like additional information, thank you.
TheAnti-SpamMan
TheAnti-SpamMan

Also organizations in Germany block SG

Postby SG-Fan » Sat May 04, 2019 7:46 pm

Dear gourmets!

I'm in Germany and also experienced organizations to block Spamgourmet e-mails. Here is my contribution to the list of who keeps us out.

It's a pitty. However, countermeassures are difficult and depend on Spamgourmet's reputation. More and more webmasters block us, probably because Spamgourmet's mail-forwarding is unreliable in no-brainer mode.
Currently I worry about Spamgourmet's richly deserved operator Josh and later on we might debate on the counter in no-brainer mode.

Yours, SG-Fan

Dropbox:
I was not allowed to sign in. The webmaster told me in 2018: E-mails from the domain 0sg.net can't be used to create a Dropbox account. Change your e-mail-address.

Electricity grid operator "Main-Donau-Netzgesellschaft mbH" in Germany:
The Inbox kundenservice(at)main-donau-netz(dot)de threw away my Mails from 0sg.net into the black hole.

Classified advertisement "Quoka" in Germany:
Yo may login and react on other people's advertisment. But you must not post own advertisment. The webmaster told me in 2019: Placing an advertisment with the Domain spamgourmet.com in your e-mail address is not possible.

The parcle delivery "DHL" in Germany:
E-Mail notification, when the van approaches me, got impossible with my 0sg.net e-mail address since 2017.
SG-Fan

Postby josh » Sun May 05, 2019 12:36 am

Do you have any idea what s/he means by:

"Upon investigation it appears this domain is privately owned and therefore you will need to reach out to the owner of the 'neverbox.com' domain for approval."

?

By "this domain" does he mean dropbox.com? (We're talking about receiving messages from Dropbox, right?)

If "this domain" is neverbox.com, then I guess, yes, it's privately owned (aren't they all except for the .gov domains?) -- do you know have any idea about what he means by reaching out for approval? Approval for what? We don't approve or disapprove anything.
josh

Postby TheAnti-SpamMan » Mon May 06, 2019 11:57 am

Thank you for continuing to assist with this. I just sent this [edited] email to Dropbox hoping to further this along:

Date: Mon, May 6, 2019 at 6:50 AM
Subject: Re: DB: Trying to set up phone after factory reset.
To: support@dropbox.zendesk.com

Good morning Hayden,

They let me know that it is approved. Could you please add this email
address (dropbox2.20.eemaill@neverbox.com) to your allowed list so
I may proceed with creating an account using this email address?
Thank you very much if you can. :)

Your customer,

Here's their auto-reply:

From: Dropbox Dropbox Support - support@dropbox.zendesk.com
Date: Mon, May 6, 2019 at 6:51 AM
Subject: Re: DB: Trying to set up phone after factory reset.

Ticket #9205972: Re: DB: Trying to set up phone after factory reset.

Hey there,

Your question is safely in our support team's inbox. We'll reach out for more details or with a solution.

The Dropbox Support team
[PM68RL-89YK]
TheAnti-SpamMan

Postby TheAnti-SpamMan » Wed May 08, 2019 10:32 pm

From: Hayden Dropbox Support - support@dropbox.zendesk.com <dropbox2.eemaill.3c6b11c4c4.support#dropbox.zendesk.com@ob.0sg.net>
Date: Wed, May 8, 2019 at 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: DB: Trying to set up phone after factory reset. message 4 of 20) (dropbox2: message 6 of 20)

Ticket #9205972: Re: DB: Trying to set up phone after factory reset. message 4 of 20)

You can add a response by replying to this email.

Please be sure to reply with the same email address that you used to originally contact us.

Hayden, May 8, 8:40 AM PDT:
Hi ,

Thank you for your email.

Dropbox does not block users from creating accounts, if the domain owners have approved this then you should be able to create an account under your preferred email address.

Unfortunately from this side we have no way of approving email addresses.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards,
Hayden

Postby TheAnti-SpamMan » Wed May 08, 2019 10:35 pm

I just tried to sign up again and I'm still being blocked.
TheAnti-SpamMan

Postby TheAnti-SpamMan » Wed May 08, 2019 10:36 pm

Signups from this domain are blocked due to suspicious activity. Please contact Dropbox support if you believe this was a mistake.
TheAnti-SpamMan

Postby Whatifi » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:30 am

I never got anywhere with Dropbox support either, after I politely requested my SG address to be whitelisted, with an explanation why it was not a throwaway address, etc.

It was very frustrating, because it meant no one that I’d already been using a Spamgourmet address with was able to give me access to any of their folders. This wasn’t too bad if it was an individual, but if it was an organization who used my email address in my profile automatically, it meant I had to change my email address with that organization to a non-SG email address.
Whatifi

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...