Charter-Spectrum blocking SG setup email

Use this forum to get help.

Charter-Spectrum blocking SG setup email

Postby ndvkroby » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:22 pm

You may need to add Charter-Spectrum to the list of evil blockers.

I've tried to point a forwarding address to a charter.net address. Nogo. In the same timeframe, I was able to get the forwarder pointed to posteo.org.

"Alexis" at Spectrum chat "support" claims it is a spamgourmet "program error".

She claims Spectrum doesn't block senders. Then again, she claims Spetrum doesn't use SMTP.

And she says they have no tech support. When asked who configures their esmtp server or sets up ip filters, she asks "is there something else I can help you with?"

Buyer beware.

Anybody set up on Spectrum lately?
ndvkroby

Re: Charter-Spectrum blocking SG setup email

Postby ndvkroby » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:28 am

Update.

Charter-Spectrum does have tech support. You have to call, not chat.

The tech understood forwarders, SMTP, filtering email, blocking IPs, etc. He uses 33mail. He had me try an unblock option in their webmaill. No joy. So he escalated it.

I got a phone message from a tech today (~24 hrs). He said they had worked the problem, tested it, and thought it was working. Unfortunately, it isn't. But they tried.

I just had an hour converesation with the guy. He said they don't block anything, but admitted he doesn't know if they subscribe to blacklists for their router-firewall stuff. I sent redirects for one of my SG accounts. The Charter one never arrived. The one to a server in Germany got there in about 1 second.

The tech said knowing the exact time, sender ip, and sending address probably wouldn't help. He said SG would have to look at their sending logs.

I guess I'll try to get attention from Josh or someone. Bt he's got other battles, and things seem pretty moribund here.

After decades with SG, I may have to move hundredsd of addresses to 33mail. Or somewhere. I've got major physical challenges myself... it may take more life force than I have left...
ndvkroby

Re: Charter-Spectrum blocking SG setup email

Postby ndvkroby » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:58 pm

Update 2:

Spectrum tech did real research. I'm not sure he believed that they subscribe to one or more blacklists. He found out they do: cloudmark.

He gave me a URL to appeal the blacklisting of SG. I gave it to Josh. But Josh got a reply that Cloudmark isn't blacklisting SG.

So, either
[list=]cloudmark is wrong and they are blacklisting SG
Spectrum has a non-cloudmark blacklist in place
something else[/list]

I asked Josh to look at the logs, but I guess he is OL right now.

Anyone have experience with 33mail? I may open some addresses there.
ndvkroby

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...