Generate SG email for more than one recipients

Use this forum to get help.

Generate SG email for more than one recipients

Postby akinet » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:06 pm

Hi.

I have been trying to generate a spamgourmet email for more than one recipients using "send a message from one of your spamgourmet addresses" but it has not worked. I have tried using "|", "," or ";" as separator for the recipients in field "enter the email address you would like to send email to" but it doesn't generate a valid email address. Is there any way to get this or should I generate a different email for every recipient?

Regards.
akinet
akinet

Re: Generate SG email for more than one recipients

Postby Clewby » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:54 am

I don't think it is possible, and I don't think it is a feature that is likely to be added, as it would (potentially) allow you to send an identical email to a unlimited list of people - which is just the kind of behaviour spamgourmet attempts to prevent, if it is unsolicited.

While the vast majority of spamgourmet users are unlikely to abuse such a capability, there are enough anti-social people out there to make the risk of someone abusing it on purpose to give spamgourmet a bad reputation non-zero.

Note this question and answer in the spamgourmet FAQ

Q. I just noticed that I can send out messages through spamgourmet that appear to come from my spamgourmet addresses -- can I use this feature to distribute my newsletter to my millions of fans?
A. No, sorry. The sending feature (like the rest of the service) is intended for individual users communicating with single or very few recipients at a frequency that's reasonable for a single user doing that kind of thing. Think: one-to-one, not one-to-many. As an anti-spam service, if we ever get accused of letting our users use our service to spam people (even though you're not spamming anybody, jeez), well, we just can't go there - hope you understand. If you send messages out through the service in a pattern other than the one described above, your account will probably be automatically disabled, and you won't get notified and we won't necessarily get notified and it'll just kind of stay disabled and you'll stop getting any messages. Don't take it personally, that's the way it's gotta be.

I understand it is a bit irritating, as I too have wanted to send an email that appears to be from my spamgourmet address to a small group of people, but I value the continuation of the service more than the small irritation of not being able to do that.
Clewby

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...