How to reply to an email sent to a SG address?

General discussion re sg.

How to reply to an email sent to a SG address?

Postby pnkn » Wed May 23, 2018 8:44 pm

When I reply to an email that has been sent to my spamgourmet email address, my reply shows my "real" email address. Yikes! How do I reply to an email that has been sent to my spamgourmet email address without divulging my real email address? I use iPhone's Mail app, and a Hotmail (...@live.com) email server. I'm not super technical.

Thanks!
pnkn

Re: How to reply to an email sent to a SG address?

Postby lwc » Thu May 24, 2018 5:35 am

I was about to ask if you read the FAQ, only to realize it's actually not really explained there! There's a "reply address masking" feature you should turn on. Once you do, any reply you make should hide your address.
Just be aware it will also hide your name, unless you contact the admins to ask otherwise.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Here's how to turn on "reply address masking".
Untitled.png (99.84 KiB) Viewed 7264 times
lwc

Postby Sheygetz » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:14 pm

To take up this lead, what about forwarding an email sent a SG address?

A case I encounter pretty often: I get an email to an SG address sent from one of those malicious no-reply-addresses (Boy, do I hate 'em!). So, if I have any question pertaining to that email I have to forward it to a "reply-permitted" address of that same sender. So, the email came from, say,
check-info.kelen.61ac44dd11.no-reply#wi ... ob.0sg.net
and I want to "reply"/ forward instead to
info@winsim.de
from my SG address check-info.kelen@neverbox.com with my address masked.

How do I go about this? Could I just press "reply" and then substitute the "no-reply" bit in the example with "info"?
Sheygetz

Postby SysKoll » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:21 am

Sheygetz wrote:To take up this lead, what about forwarding an email sent a SG address?

A case I encounter pretty often: I get an email to an SG address sent from one of those malicious no-reply-addresses (Boy, do I hate 'em!). So, if I have any question pertaining to that email I have to forward it to a "reply-permitted" address of that same sender. So, the email came from, say,
check-info.kelen.61ac44dd11.no-reply#wi ... ob.0sg.net
and I want to "reply"/ forward instead to
info@winsim.de
from my SG address check-info.kelen@neverbox.com with my address masked.

How do I go about this? Could I just press "reply" and then substitute the "no-reply" bit in the example with "info"?

No. You'd compose a new email using the address created in the page Advanced Mode > "send a message from one of your spamgourmet addresses". Fill in the sender (check-info.kelen at neverbox.com) and the destination (info at winsim.de).
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby r2d2 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:26 pm

Learned something new today. This is good info. Thanks.
r2d2

Return to General Discussion