Unable to receive spamgourmet e-mail for over a week

Use this forum to get help.

Unable to receive spamgourmet e-mail for over a week

Postby kansaslawdog » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:25 pm

None of my spamgourmet disposable e-mail addresses has worked for at least the past week. The counters increment, but nothing arrives. Similar behavior has been described here:

http://bbs.spamgourmet.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1382
http://bbs.spamgourmet.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1443

Has anyone had any problems lately? As far as I can tell, nothing has changed on the receiving end. I inquired with my e-mail hosting provider, but they need a sample header of a message that was sent to verify whether it was received by their server. I sent private messages with diagnostic information to info and SysKoll, as instructed in the forum, but I don't think they have opened them. Help!
kansaslawdog

Re: Unable to receive spamgourmet e-mail for over a week

Postby kansaslawdog » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:30 am

Since no one else is reporting any problems, I suspect something fishy is going on with my e-mail hosting provider. They haven't admitted to blacklisting the spamgourmet server and continue to request header information from a message that spamgourmet forwarded so they can determine why it was not delivered. If a spamgourmet administrator sees this post, please send me a private message with some information that I may be able to use in working with my e-mail provider.
kansaslawdog

Postby Lancer » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:05 am

You're not the only one not getting mail. I have also started threads after important messages have gotten lost on their way to me. Sometimes there is an error message sent to the one tryring to email me, but this itself is rare. I've stopped using Spamgourmet for certain things as a result.
Lancer

Postby kansaslawdog » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:51 pm

Thanks to log information provided by the spamgourmet team, I was able to convince my e-mail hosting provider that the problem was on their end. Their server was performing some kind of sender verification when receiving a message. It didn't like the response it received from the spamgourmet server, so it refused to accept the message. They fixed this verification process and my messages forwarded through spamgourmet are once again being received.
kansaslawdog

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...