Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes : 0

Yahoo not accepting mail from SG?

Postby gourmet » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:22 am

Hi everyone,

I just found out that some of messages sent from Facebook, passed through SG and were being forwarded to Yahoo, but then yahoo.co.uk mail servers bounced those back claiming that my address is invalid. Although bounce clearly shows correct address and I can receive email to it directly and via other forwarding services.

I'm now really wondering if anyone else has had this problem before or is this known issue?

- Thanks

I'll check again if this problem is still repeatable. Because it might have something to do with the original source.

To clear it out for non techies: What I'm saying here means that there is probably some kind of issue on Yahoo's side.

Best regards,
Sami Lehtinen
gourmet

Postby josh » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:55 pm

dunno the details, but we do have problems with end users' servers rejecting messages. It's really only a problem when it starts happening where it didn't used to. For instance any server associated with earthlink (and there are *lots*) summarily rejects connections from our server. That means that the great many earthlink users who happily signed up for spamgourmet when things were working are now shut out, and earthlink has been completely unwilling to even address the issue. On the flip side, it also means that no new users who have earthlink addresses can successfully sign up, because they never get the confirmation email.
josh

Postby MFPA » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:12 pm

I tried using an SG address for the messages to be sent to from a couple of Yahoo groups.

The message from Yahoo saying an email address has been added to the account gets through. A "bounce" message also gets through but no message containing the link to verify and start using the SG address for the Yahoo group messages.
MFPA

Postby timbstoke » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:31 am

This is because Facebook use proper, valid SPF records. When the mail comes to SG, it is forwarded from SG's IP range. Yahoo receives this mail, and says "Facebook, eh? From that IP? I think not." and so the mail ends up bounced or moved to Spam

This same problem will happen with anyone who uses SG, and has SPF checking in place at their destination email address (which is pretty much all the major webmail providers).

To fix it, SG need to start using SRS to rewrite the sender address, so that it doesn't fail SPF checking. This can be done fairly easily and transparently to the end user, and for a forwarding service in 2012, should really have been put into place years ago.
timbstoke

Re: Yahoo not accepting mail from SG?

Postby JSmith » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:01 pm

I am also having problems receiving emails from SG that are forwarded to Yahoo. I actually have Frontier.com, and they recently had their email system changed so that emails are handled via Yahoo mail. Since then, I find that I am not receiving most of the SG emails. I show that SG forwarded them (the count is incremented in SG), but the email never comes through. I also verified that they are not in my Junk Folder.

Any ideas?

Thanks
JSmith

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...