Login is rejected after login and switch to Advanced page

Use this forum to get help.

Login is rejected after login and switch to Advanced page

Postby VanguardLH » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:56 pm

I go to http://www.spamgourmet.com/ and login. The login works and I can even see my protected e-mail address on the Basic page (the "no-brainer" page). Yet when I click on the Advanced Mode tab to look at my aliases or make configuration changes then I'm told "There was a problem with your login. Please log in again." For some reason, switching to the Advanced page forcibly logs me out. What's the problem with the Advanced page? This was working yesterday but fails today.

Update: About 10 minutes after posting this message, the Advanced page stopped logging me out. That worked for maybe 20 minutes so I could access the advanced configuration page. After the ~20 minutes, it started up again where moving to the advanced mode page logged me out.

UPDATE: After looking at over a month of the last posts, the admins/moderators don't visit here to address problems with their service. Obviously a peer community can't do anything about their web site. Oh well, guess I'll have to find another anti-spam solution since this one won't let me configure how it works, zero out remaining counts for existing aliases, or otherwise get into the advanced setup.
Unfortunately the login process dumps me back to the Basic (no-brainer) page instead of leaving me on the Advanced page. So each time I login, I'm stuck back at the Basic page and trying to switch to the Advanced page kills my login.
VanguardLH

Postby josh » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:51 pm

make sure cookies are enabled - the site uses a session cookie (not persistent) to track logins
josh

Postby VanguardLH » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:48 am

Since the problem appeared, disappeared, and reappeared during that time and now doesn't do it anymore, I suspect the site was under some construction, maintenance, or other change that was causing the problem.

Note: While I configured IE8 to purge its TIF and cookie files on exit, I allow cookies during an IE session (because, I figure, they'll be gone when I exit the last instance of IE and that's good enough privacy for me). So session cookies would've been allowed. Also, I wasn't leaving the site and coming back to lose the login. I would login and simply switch between tabs (web pages at the site) and would get the lost login.

Started working the next day when I came back so, again, I think the site was under some change at the time. Won't really know unless the site admin happens to visit here to respond (but to a problem that now no longer exists).
VanguardLH

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...