Updating multiple 'remaining' count easily

Discussion re sg development. You don't have to be a developer.

Updating multiple 'remaining' count easily

Postby iairavat » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:19 pm

I do like to keep an upper bound on number of emails I want to see and 20 is on the low side but that is a different discussion - often mentioned.

I'd be thrilled if I could easily update multiple addresses that had zero or only a few remaining messages to 20 on a single screen.

Today I have to sort, click, update number, click update address, the go back and sort again... for each address I want to replenish. (perhaps there is an easier method I've overlooked.)

Anyone else feel the same?
Cheers,
iAiravat
iairavat

Postby kevins10 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:46 am

Given the recent, I guess attacks is the best word, with spammers creating new addresses based on other people's Spam Gourmet addresses resulting in back-scatter spam it would be useful to at least be able to select several addresses and set them all to 0 remaining at once. I have no clue how hard it'd be to code though, just think it may become more or less necessary if spammers continue doing that. :(
kevins10

Postby sg-since03 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:09 pm

Whatever the reason... count me in on this request.

Please Josh & Syskoll, add an editing interface to the address list display. You could set it "Off" by default, similar to "Show Hidden Addresses."
sg-since03

+1

Postby zooloo » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:08 pm

Even without the relatively new automated address creation issues being present, simultaneously hiding or redefining the allowance for multiple addresses would be rather convenient.
Now that I've accidentally discovered 91 mutant addresses in my list (I don't look through the complete list of addresses all that often!), I'd really appreciate such a feature.

Those mutants are all made up by prepending additional characters to the same valid address, so a "select all" checkbox in the search results view would then be great, too.
zooloo

Postby justs » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:34 pm

Been a couple of years since this thread was hit, but I'm happy to bump it. I also have been pining for this feature for years now.
Could using a Spamgourmet disposable to register for the Spamgourmet Forum tear a hole in the space-time continuum?
justs

Postby no_spam » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:24 pm

Just hoping this is now possible...
// no comment
no_spam

Re: Updating multiple 'remaining' count easily

Postby josh » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:41 pm

It's totally possible, and has been a fairly common user interface feature on websites since at least 2003. Problem is, my web skills are very 1998.

At one point, this guy said he was going to re-do the website, but then he went radio-silent.
josh

Return to Developers