just started using watchwords - new sg addr I did not create

General discussion re sg.

just started using watchwords - new sg addr I did not create

Postby cmiller173 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:37 pm

Just wanted to mention this

It was bound to happen sooner or later but I started using watchwords today because I noticed 2 addresses that I did not create show up on sg within the last few days. One on the 29th was tv.20.userid@xoxy.net. I have a tv.20.userid@spamgourmet.com I created back in 2003. Yes, not proof positive but odd none the less. The other is somewhat more positive created on the 20th, <part of userid>tv.20.userid@xoxy.net. I absolutely know that I have never used part of my userid in the trigger word and the forwarded messages were all spam. I would not have noticed except gmails spam filters let one through to my inbox.

The short of it is I have been able to go without a watchword for 45 months with no problems till now.

Anyhow, you all have a good day and keep up the good fight.

3,006 forwarded, 170,805 eaten. 204 disposable address(es).
CM
cmiller173

Postby josh » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:03 pm

thanks for the post -- the first one might have been explained by an early version of the code not recording the address properly (we used to miss the alternative domains, and just put everything down as '@spamgourmet.com'), but you'd know the story on that. The second one does look more suspicious.
josh

Return to General Discussion