Can't reply using new Hotmail version (Windows Live Mail)

General discussion re sg.

Postby itsmehon » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:30 pm

Recently, since I had switched to the new (beta) version of Hotmail (Windows Live Mail) whenever I'm trying to reply to a message I encounter a problem.

A case in point - I tried this morning to reply to a message and I got this error message:

One or more addresses are not in the correct email format or could not be resolved to a group in your addressbook (Please use the following format for emails: yourname@example.com).

Invalid email addresses: "+btry+bye+5763924a6f.sales#batterygeek.net@spamgourmet.com".

Any idea?

Thanks.
itsmehon

Postby josh » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:00 pm

Have you reported this as a bug to hotmail? The redirection address, even though it looks weird, is perfectly valid under the RFC that defines how email addresses can be formed.
Last edited by josh on Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
josh

Postby SysKoll » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:28 pm

Hmmm... So a Microsoft service has a bug due to them reinterterpreting the Internet standard RFC documents... How surprising (NOT).

I guess we are lucky that MS is in the software business. Imagine if they were in the hardware business, we'd all have to buys special hammers due to them reinterpreting the standard for nails.

itsmehon, do you want a gmail invitation?
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby itsmehon » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:59 am

josh wrote:Have you reported this as a bug to hotmail? The redirection address, even though it looks weird, is perfectly valid under the RFP that defines how email addresses can be formed.

I don't have the time and patience to fight the (literally) big gorilla.

I thought and hoped that I'll find the answer - or rather magic bullet - here, but I guess I was too optimistic :cry:
itsmehon

Postby itsmehon » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:01 am

SysKoll wrote:Hmmm... So a Microsoft service has a bug due to them reinterterpreting the Internet standard RFC documents... How surprising (NOT).

I guess we are lucky that MS is in the software business. Imagine if they were in the hardware business, we'd all have to buys special hammers due to them reinterpreting the standard for nails.

itsmehon, do you want a gmail invitation?

Thank you, SysKoll, for your nice offer.
I'm simply too tired to pack up and move on to another (albeit) better email service.
itsmehon

Postby super_copy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:56 pm

I sent them a "feedback" message under their Hotmail (Windows live mail) help section. If enough of us complain, maybe they will notice.

BTW, because they suck, that is PRECISELY why I designated Hotmail as my spam can. :evil:
super_copy

Return to General Discussion