[REQ] ReMove the info at the end of the Subject line

General discussion re sg.

[REQ] ReMove the info at the end of the Subject line

Postby gianni » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:02 pm

Hello!

I'm a very happy user of your service!

I have a request, an option to choose to move the info appended by SG at the end of the Subject line into a specific field of the email header, to avoid cluttering the email Subject.

Example 1, now:

Subject: Force type of column in ODBC (profox_list: addressed to trusted sender for this address)

Example 2, after choosing the new option:

Subject: Force type of column in ODBC
Spamgoumet info: profox_list: addressed to trusted sender for this address

The latest option leave the info normally invisible.

Thanks for the attention!
Gianni
gianni

Postby SysKoll » Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:04 am

So you want an option to turn the subject line addendum into an X-Spamgourmet SMTP header... Hum, that would just be yet another option, as far as I can tell. Josh, I suggest to add that to the list of feature.

Gianni, the priority right now is to add the mail sending option, so your suggestion will probably not get implemented right away.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby josh » Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:20 am

It'll be easy to add the subject tagline as an X-Spamgourmet header, but it may be complicated for you to get your email reader to display the header along with the Subject line (maybe not, though, I suppose).

We're getting s-o-o close to the "send the first message" feature that we dare not stray -- after that, though, it shouldn't be too tough to add this feature. We should really be adding X-Spamgourmet headers for lots of stuff (including that) anyway, so the real feature would be to turn off the Subject padding.
josh

Postby gianni » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:08 am

The subject line addendum is of big help at the beginning, to verify the trusted addresses.

Anyway:

using Forté Agent you have only to press the key "H" to show all header fields;

using Outlook Express you must open the Properties window of the message.

Is not urgent, don't worry, I'm satisfied enough even without that new option! :D
gianni

re: Turning off "Subject Padding"

Postby OpenMacNews » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:11 pm

josh wrote:It'll be easy to add the subject tagline as an X-Spamgourmet header, but it may be complicated for you to get your email reader to display the header along with the Subject line (maybe not, though, I suppose).

We're getting s-o-o close to the "send the first message" feature that we dare not stray -- after that, though, it shouldn't be too tough to add this feature. We should really be adding X-Spamgourmet headers for lots of stuff (including that) anyway, so the real feature would be to turn off the Subject padding.

this'll be very helpful, as several of the MailingLists/Newsgroups to which I subscribe get rather annoyed if you keep changing the Subject: -- it breaks the "thread management" features that thread by Subject line.

richard
OpenMacNews

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:40 am

By the way ..

if you implement X-Spamgourmet header everyone is able to detect quite easy that you "classify" your mails. I believe that a lot of people are going to be mad if they recognize the classification of their emails.

By adding the comments in the RE: line it should be easy to delete the text to work in usegroups or if you reply to the mail. Then it is up to you whether the addressee is able to recognize the "classification" or not.

Please take this in consideration if you want to implement this feature.

Thx
NicoS

Return to General Discussion