Is there another domain I can use??

General discussion re sg.

Is there another domain I can use??

Postby rallypunx » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:17 am

A friend told me he's been using spamgourmet for 3 years and his disposable e-mails use another domain instead of @spamgourmet.com.

Does spamgourmet has different domains we could use to avoid telling people we give our disposable e-mails that they are indeed disposable?? Becaouse if they know, by the fact that my e-mail address is @spamgourmet, they will know it's disposable.
rallypunx

Postby xavierg2 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:45 am

Hi,

Have a look in the "What's new" section, you will see some other domain names.

Another solution is to get your own domain name (a few $) and set the MX to spamgourmet.

Xavier
xavierg2

Other domain names

Postby mysticturner » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:27 pm

There is a complete list of alternate domains, but you have to hunt for it. I once saw a posting that said the complete list is intentionally not listed in a easy to find place in order to confuse spammers and hopefully cause thier brains to reset. If we can find a way to cause thier brains to reformat.... :D . Anyway look around the site for a while and you'll find the complete list, almost by accident. I just checked and found the list to contain 21 domains.
mysticturner

Re: Is there another domain I can use??

Postby xavierg2 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:49 pm

rallypunx wrote:Becaouse if they know, by the fact that my e-mail address is @spamgourmet, they will know it's disposable.

Is that a very big issue? They won't send email you didn't receive anyway.

It is not scientifically verified, but I have the impression they already avoid addresses like xxx.9.xxxx@domain.tld. I have set some traps with SG addresses and other one.

The addresses like xxx.8.xxxxx@domain.tld are les spammed than the other ones, even they are not SG addresses.

But IMHA it is better so.

Xavier
xavierg2

Postby spamet » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:57 pm

I found the list of other spamgourmet domains. However, I would like to ask how do I use a new domain as an existing user?

If I have created an email address as abc.1.user@spamgourmet.com would I be able to automatically create a new one as, say, def.2.user@allowabledomain.net where allowabledomain.net would be one of the other spamgourmet domains?
spamet

Re: Other domain names

Postby Spambuster1 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:43 pm

mysticturner wrote:I just checked and found the list to contain 21 domains.

I've never seen a complete list but I'm aware of 18 domains. Guess there's a few I'm missing. ;-)

Secondly, are all the domains still active?

I only use spamgourmet.xxx and xoxy.net but just for grins I tried ordinaryamerican.net and wronghead.com about 30 minutes ago and I'm still waiting for the redirects to arrive.
Spambuster1

Using alternate domains.

Postby mysticturner » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:19 pm

spamet wrote:If I have created an email address as abc.1.user@spamgourmet.com would I be able to automatically create a new one as, say, def.2.user@allowabledomain.net where allowabledomain.net would be one of the other spamgourmet domains?

Once you've created your id ("user" in your example), you can use that id with all of the domains, and create new addresses. So in short, your example will work. But it gets better - you can change the domain on existing addresses.

For example, I had one person who's spam filtering stuff latched onto the spam in the spamgourmet.com domain. It filtered stuff out. I just had her start using a new domain, same id. Using your example, abc.1.user@dfgh.net would work just fine (as long as your count limit hasn't zeroed).
mysticturner

Re: Other domain names

Postby mysticturner » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:21 pm

Spambuster1 wrote:I only use spamgourmet.xxx and xoxy.net but just for grins I tried ordinaryamerican.net and wronghead.com about 30 minutes ago and I'm still waiting for the redirects to arrive.

I suspect your delay was due to the server problems occuring at that time. I just did a test using ordinaryamerican and now that the server is upgraded, got it back in 32 seconds.
mysticturner

Return to General Discussion