Feature request: decrease the sent mail counter periodically

General discussion re sg.

Feature request: decrease the sent mail counter periodically

Postby pohlt » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:25 pm

Hi,
what do the spamgourmet gurus think about the following feature?

For each sg mail address you can specify a value n. Every n'th day, the sent mail counter for this address is decreased by one. This feature would be very handy for newsletters or similar services where you want to get a mail every month or so but not more.

Thanks a lot for sg (I already donated some bucks for this great service),
Tom
pohlt

Postby SysKoll » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:06 pm

So basically, you expect the first email you receive every month to be the desirable one. In this scheme, nothing guarantees that your first email won't be spam.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby pohlt » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:33 am

I'm totally aware that this feature cannot guarantee that I get the one desired mail among hundreds of spam mails.

But let's have a look at the following scenario: you give away a sg mail address while ordering some stuff online or some newsletter service. Basically, you are interested in the information they will be sending you (e.g., about new products) but do not want to get burried under ten mails per week. So you set the DMCAND (decrease mail counter after n days (TM)) counter for the corresponding sg mail address to 7 which guarantees that you get one mail per week at the most (after hitting the maximum number of delivered mails).

I'd consider this a handy feature, but of course I realize that you do not want to add any features that you do not consider useful yourself.

Anyway, thanks again for sg,
Tom
pohlt

Postby SysKoll » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:01 pm

It would be a sort of auto-recharge. I cannot really say I find it useful, but why don't you make a poll?
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to General Discussion