SG-aware companies that create addresses that you did not

General discussion re sg.

This forum should be taken a step further, and enable people to contribute to an organized blacklist citing email abusing companies.

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 4

SG-aware companies that create addresses that you did not

Postby jgombos » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:19 am

I thought it would be interesting for folks to post companies that deliberately change the leading token of an address to circumvent your counter and avoid the SG eatery.

The other forum listing companies that spam is noisey with all the chat, so I'd like to recommend putting the company name in bold or with bullets. Please repeat listings so we can validate each other. I'll start off using this format:
<company>; <token YOU created for them (if any)>; <token THEY used>
  • Delta Airlines - "delta" - "elta"
  • Computergeeks.com - "geeks" - "g33ks"
jgombos

Re: SG-aware companies that create addresses that you did no

Postby fmus » Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:51 pm

jgombos wrote:[*]Delta Airlines - "delta" - "elta"

IMO the delta one looks like it got mangled by their list-parsing software rather than intentionally altered.
fmus

Re: SG-aware companies that create addresses that you did no

Postby jgombos » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:29 pm

fmus wrote:
jgombos wrote:[*]Delta Airlines - "delta" - "elta"

IMO the delta one looks like it got mangled by their list-parsing software rather than intentionally altered.

That's what they would like us to think. :wink: However, it's unlikely that the leading character "d" would be mistaken for a non-alpha character like "<". If they were blindly trying to remove non-existent brackets, they would have also truncated the top level domain. There also would have been enough errors for them to recognize and reparse then resend - and there was no resend. Furthermore, they had been sending me email to the correct address for quite some time prior to switching to "elta".
jgombos

Return to General Discussion