Hiding the forwarding mail adress in the mail properties

General discussion re sg.

Postby ebx2 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:01 am

josh wrote:What's missing, I suppose, is a plugin for various email clients that would do the work of coming up with that redirection address for those times you want to send the first message, saving you the trip to the website to get it. We don't have the development resources to pull that off, but would be happy to provide specifications for anyone who's interested in developing one.
I am interested in getting those specifications, Josh. Nobody else seems to be doing anything so I'll give it a whirl.

BTW and FWIW ... as I type this the top of the page shows I am logged in as ebx2 and there is a clickable link to "Log out". When I now press the Submit button (after checking the "click me before submitting!" box) I am going to get the login screen. I have enabled Firefox to allow all cookies and yet I am 100% certain I am going to get that message.

UPDATE: Yep, just as I predicted, I got the login screen and after logging in AGAIN I was redirected here where I pasted the text above I had copied with CTRL-A and CTRL-C. How many more times will I have to log in before my reply is accepted? I have zero problems like this with any other phpBB forums on other websites.

UPDATE 2: again
UPDATE 3: again
ebx2

Postby ebx2 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:03 am

It took 4 tries to get that last message posted. I realize you are probably not the webmaster and the problem is not something directly under your control. Nevertheless, problems like this cause me to think twice before participating in any forum.
ebx2

Postby josh » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:52 pm

I suppose I am the webmaster -- I've had that problem, too, and I thought it was just me. I'll try and see what's happening.
josh

Postby ebx2 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:55 am

Thank you for checking that out.

Also, can you let me know how I could get the specs you were referring to? I want to develop a Thunderbird plugin that reaches out to the SG website and do whatever it takes to get one of the special email addresses that can be used to initiate an email conversation with someone via an SG temporary email address.

Thanks again!
ebx2

Postby josh » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:58 pm

First, you'd log in with a URL (disposableemail?user=[user]&pass=[pwd]) and get the login cookie,

Then, using the cookie, you'd grab a URL that would produce the redirection address,

I guess an xml response containing the redirection address would be best? Or just bare? (currently, it comes out in a big web page, which is no good). I guess we need to address that.

Then, using the cookie, you'd log out (disposableemail.pl?logout=1)

This could all be over https.
josh

Postby ebx2 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:44 am

XML would be ideal for easy parsing. sg pages don't change a lot so maybe that would not be absolutely necessary. The format of the addresses is probably easy to pick out of the html even without xml.

https was my next question. You beat me to it. Thanks :D
ebx2

Previous

Return to General Discussion