feature I'd like to see...

General discussion re sg.

feature I'd like to see...

Postby benalt » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:27 pm

Usually when I give a person or organisation a disposable email with the domain or sender keyword, I will go in after the first email and set it up so that 5 or 10 emails can come from other domains or addresses in the case the person or organisation emails me from somewhere else or even that they are changing their address. If I receive spam later I adjust accordingly so that it becomes more exclusive (like in the case of overstock.com when I began receiving spam).

I would like to see a feature that allows the user to set things up so that when spamgourmet receives an email with the sender or domain keyword for the first time, it automatically sets up the email address to allow a certain number of emails from elsewhere. This would also be useful for when a person gives a domain or sender keyword for an email in a form and an automatic email is sent out to confirm from one domain and then regular emails appear from another - you wouldn't lose the emails.

Regards,
Ben
benalt

Postby SysKoll » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:23 pm

You could set the desired sender domain as the exclusive sender for that disposable address. All other senders will decrement the count, thus eventually leaving only the exclusive sender through. Read the FAQ about the exclusive sender.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby benalt » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:43 pm

I use the name of the person/organization and sender/domain because then the email address is easy to remember for when I need to use it again (for a login or whatever). If I have to set it up with a number or letter and then specify an exclusive sender it would make things extremely difficult with hundreds of email addresses to remember and I would have the problem in reverse to some degree where like now I have to go in and modify the address settings as soon as it is created (granted I wouldn't lose any emails though unless I failed to change the settings in time).
benalt

Return to General Discussion