How do I make it stop??? - (resolved - user error)

General discussion re sg.

How do I make it stop??? - (resolved - user error)

Postby DJA » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:43 am

Some weasel-like individual has figured out my SG user name and has been sending virus laden emails. The messages are coming with various originating names: webmaster@xoxy.net, service@xoxy.net, info@xoxy.net, etc. Each is sent to the same SG address: nt.a.-----@xoxy.net. How do I stop these? I keep thinking I'm missing something, but I can't see a way to kill that SG email address. The black list in my email client doesn't help because the actual SG email address is different each time.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
David
Last edited by DJA on Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJA

Postby SysKoll » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:14 pm

Why don't you just set the counter of the receiving disposable address (nt) to zero? That would stop the spam dead.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby DJA » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:39 pm

SysKoll wrote:Why don't you just set the counter of the receiving disposable address (nt) to zero? That would stop the spam dead.

If this is what you mean, that is the current setting. Doesn't that just stop replies to an address? This joker is creating them.

Thnx
DJA

Postby josh » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:14 am

that address is expired, and shows a bunch of forwarded messages. Is the sender in your trusted senders list?
josh

Postby DJA » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:05 am

josh wrote:that address is expired, and shows a bunch of forwarded messages. Is the sender in your trusted senders list?

Geez! TALK ABOUT NOT PAYING ATTENTION!!! Xoxy.net IS a trusted domain. Fourteen messages and not once did I pick up on the answer right there in the subject field. Sorry, I'll go away now...

David

(If you ever need someone to test for idiot proofing, apparently I'm your man.)
DJA

Postby SysKoll » Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:51 am

DJA,

No problem. Spam makes me so mad that I sometimes stop thinking rationally when I am facing it. Can't blame you for acting the same way.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to General Discussion