Massive delays

General discussion re sg.

Massive delays

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:58 pm

Is anyone else seeing massive delays (days it seems) to all mail to spamgourmet domains?

I'm sure not all my mail is being eaten.....

Cheers

Re: Massive delays

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:05 pm

Anonymous wrote:Is anyone else seeing massive delays (days it seems) to all mail to spamgourmet domains?

I'm sure not all my mail is being eaten.....

Cheers

I'm seeing the same thing, for at least the past 18 hours.

Several test messages confirm that stuff isn't getting through.

Postby info » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:14 am

We're getting something that looks like an orchestrated DOS attack, with over 40 messages per second coming in (from various yahoo servers) for the same disposable address. I've blocked it at the SMTP level, but it's still burning up significant CPU (leading to the mail server queueing and temporarily rejecting connections).

I'll keep working on it. On the bright side, we're merely looking at delays -- there haven't been any errors that I can see.

josh
info
Site Admin

Starting time of delays

Postby mysticturner » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:08 am

I got a delayed delivery msg from my ISP for an email I sent at 8:00 PM CDT on Saturday evening ( 6/11 ). So the time frame is longer than the 18 hrs mentioned earlier.

Thanks for checking into this Josh,
Ken Mays
Mysticturner
mysticturner

Postby crazycomputers » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:54 pm

info wrote:We're getting something that looks like an orchestrated DOS attack, with over 40 messages per second coming in (from various yahoo servers) for the same disposable address.

Looks like the spammers want their revenge. :D
Real programmers don't comment their code. It was hard to write; it should be hard to understand.
crazycomputers

Postby josh » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:04 am

We made some defensive config changes, and the system is running cool now. My external test messages go through pretty much instantaneously -- how about you all?
josh

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:55 am

josh wrote:We made some defensive config changes, and the system is running cool now. My external test messages go through pretty much instantaneously -- how about you all?

MUCH faster now. Thanks, Josh!

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:23 am

josh wrote:We made some defensive config changes, and the system is running cool now. My external test messages go through pretty much instantaneously -- how about you all?
Like greased lightning. From an outside party to a disposable delivered in 2 secs. From the masked disposable to the outside party actually produces a time warp in which the messages arrive 6 seconds before they were sent [the clock in the outside server is off].

Pardon me, but I've gotta run. I'm gonna send myself 278,000,000 messages so I can live my life over without all those mistakes that I've come to regret. :mrgreen: Can you cut me a little slack on the SG TOS? Watchout, girls! :twisted:

Return to General Discussion