Trusted vs Exclusive

General discussion re sg.

Postby josh » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:12 pm

yes - still works with regex. "myspace.com" should have worked -- what about just "myspace"? Is there some other address (non *.myspace.com) that is sneaking into the From: address spot?
josh

Trusted vs Exclusive

Postby SkiToDie » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:52 pm

I think I tried using just "paypal" with my paypal address, but since paypal is in my temporary address as well, it let everything through. That would be the same situation with myspace, or any of my addresses, since I use the domain name as the first word in my temporary addresses.

I do have the reply address masking enabled, in case that might be interfering with the regex searching.

I can PM you an example email from buy.com that I received this morning, if you'd like to take a look at it.
SkiToDie

Postby josh » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:37 pm

sure
josh

The culprits appear to be < & >

Postby SkiToDie » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:28 pm

After inspecting more of my messages, I've noticed that the From addresses that don't get recognized correctly have the email address enclosed in < & >.

For example, the following address works correctly:
Buy.com - Buy.com@enews.buy.com

But the following address does not:
Buy.com Deals<buy.com_offers@enews.buy.com>

It appears that < and/or > messes up the regex search.
SkiToDie

Looks like it's been fixed

Postby SkiToDie » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:06 pm

I don't know if you explicitly fixed this problem, or if it may be some other circumstance (I have changed a couple of my options, like reply address masking, and removing the subject tag), but it seems to work now. Thank you very much.
SkiToDie

Postby josh » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:08 am

I fixed it
josh

Postby qaf » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:44 pm

Can I just confirm that I'm understanding this one right? My experience with regex is *very* limited.

If I want to have an address which only allows emails from a very small number of senders, but more than one sender, I can do it by putting the following in the exclusive sender box:

sender1|sender2

(and presumably |sender 3 etc too?)

There is one company I deal with who take payment through paypal and use the paypal address as the log-in, so it's my intention to have an address which will only accept email from paypal and that company (neither paypal nor the company's name are in the actual sg address).

So will that work?
qaf

Postby josh » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:14 am

that'll work
josh

Previous

Return to General Discussion