More and more spammers wise to spamgourmet

General discussion re sg.

More and more spammers wise to spamgourmet

Postby jcllings » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:26 pm

I've found that more and more sites are wise to spamgourmet. If you try to enter a spamgourmet address, your request for whatever will be denied.

Can spamgourmet's IP address be used, i.e.:

something.3.jcllings@216.218.230.148

What about generateing domain names dynamically using a free domain name service and a password generator? Each user could then be assigned thier own domain without the word "spamgourmet" in it, spilling the beans.
jcllings

Postby josh » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:35 pm

There are a number of other domains that are available for use (read the FAQ). Many are listed in the FAQ and other places around the site. Others are hooked up independently by other webmasters and aren't mentioned here.

We try not to provide a comprehensive list of domains that work, because then that would make them easy to block.
josh

Postby GSX » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:50 am

I'm not quite sure how these different domains are administered; are there any advatages/disadvantages in using a specific domain?

What I mean is: Apart from usage (which is eaqual), can you say it's better to use domain1 or domain2? Are there chances that one of the domains disappears one day so it's safer to use another one?
GSX

Postby josh » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:17 pm

There's a chance it could all go away :), but not a big one. If we've posted a domain somewhere in the FAQ, the news, or this BBS (provided it was posted by one of us), you can count on it staying around. Other folks hook up their own domains -- some of them are public (but not listed here) -- we don't have any control over these.
josh

Return to General Discussion