I want more than 20 replies!

General discussion re sg.

I want more than 20 replies!

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:49 pm

I would like to use more than 20 replies to a generated email adr.
with only 20, I have to watch my active adress list quite frequently..
99 or a user adjustable number would be a interesting option.

Did you check the advanced options?

Postby SysKoll » Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:46 am

The advanced options allow you to enter addresses of frequent senders in the "trusted senders" list. If you put addresses in your trusted sender list, the counter won't go down when you get emails from these addresses.

Or are you subscribing to a mailing list? In that case, put the mailing list's "To:" address as the exclusive sender for your spamgournet disposable address and the messages sent to that address won't decrement the counter either.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:05 am

every time i am forced to return to this site to re-up an incoming limit, i ask myself who sent the message that compels me, and if it's someone i do hear from often, i make them a trusted sender.

slowly but surely, i am defeating the 'dead man switch'. in my view, address # limits are what's wrong with spamgourmet, and if there was a design principle in including them, i've defeated it with my approach.

Remedy: different addresses

Postby SysKoll » Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:40 am

So you have correspondants who email you frequently. Did you give different addresses to the different correspondants? If so, you can make them exclusive senders for a given disposable.

Go to advanced mode, "show my disposables", click on the address, enter the exclusive sender.

This way, you still have a dead man switch because you spread the IDs among specific addresses and you don't have tons of trusted senders.

If you send a single address to a lot of people, you can always ask them to use a different address (for which you make them exclusive senders). Same for emails entered in web site accounts.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to General Discussion