Can't enter the advanced mode

General discussion re sg.

Can't enter the advanced mode

Postby mschnitk » Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:43 am

Hi,

I can sign on in the "no-brainer mode", user and password are accepted, but if I click on the tab "advanced mode" I fall back to the previous screen with the comment "There was a problem with your login. Please log in again". That is an endless loop, I can no longer reach the "advanced mode". I remember it worked before, so I wonder what has been changed. Javascript and Cookies are enabled.

Any suggestions to solve the problem?

Martin.
mschnitk

session cookies?

Postby ebuleheb » Sun Sep 21, 2003 12:46 pm

AFAIK this is related to "sessions cookies"; their function is like cookies but they aren't stored in disk. I don't know how to enable it in IE but you may try better browsers like Mozilla Firebird or Opera. Search for that term or maybe someone else can answer that.
ebuleheb

Re: session cookies?

Postby mschnitk » Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:49 pm

ebuleheb wrote:AFAIK this is related to "sessions cookies"; their function is like cookies but they aren't stored in disk. I don't know how to enable it in IE but you may try better browsers like Mozilla Firebird or Opera. Search for that term or maybe someone else can answer that.

Thank you for your comment. I used already Mozilla, Konqueror and Opera under Linux but all with the same result.

I searched for "session cookies" but these are already enabled. In Mozillas "cookie manager" two accepted cookies are stored named "token" and "languageCode". So I have no idea what I could else do.

Martin.
mschnitk

Debugging the problem

Postby SysKoll » Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:24 pm

I reproduced this behavior by blocking cookies. So it looks like it might be the problem.

1. Remove the two cookies "token" and "languageCode" stored by Mozilla for spamgourmet.com before trying again.

2. Under Mozilla, go to Tools->Cookie Manager->Unblock cookies from this site.

If that doesn't solve the problem, create another account and see if you have the same problem with a different account.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to General Discussion