Message Counter Reset

General discussion re sg.

Message Counter Reset

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:53 pm

I have had a very odd happening. I received a message via SG from an address where the counter has been at zero for ages. When I logged on to SG to check, I found remaining messages at 19, suggesting it had been set back to 20 and one message sent.
The address related to a mailing list but the message was not from the mailing list (I have been unsubscribed for a while) but was a scam purporting to be a charity appeal.
I can understand that the address may have leaked out from the mailing list but is there any way that message counters can be reset maliciously?

GMcA

Postby josh » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:12 am

one thing that resets the counter is sending a message "from" the address in advanced mode -- it quietly refills the counter.
josh

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:53 pm

Thanks Josh - that must be it. I would have sent an email to unsubscribe from the mailing list. I probably just didn't notice that the counter had been reset. BTW I think SG is terrific.

GMcA

Clarification

Postby PikaPi » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:27 am

So I clarify that SpamGourmet re-fills the counter when I send an e-mail from the Advanced tab for one of my e-mail addresses?
PikaPi

Postby josh » Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:40 am

yes
josh

Return to General Discussion