Sending email from Spamgourmet addresses

General discussion re sg.

Sending email from Spamgourmet addresses

Postby Improbulus » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:20 pm

Hi, it may be obvious but I wanted to check the point as I've had no replies to some emails I sent from Spamgourmet from the Advanced Mode page. I wasn't sure if they're busy, or if the emails just aren't getting through.

My question is this. When I enter the addressee's email and generate the special email address to use (+stuff+stuff@spamgourmet.com), can I keep using that special address for future emails to the addressee?

Or is it a one-off email address which won't work again, so if I want to send another email from the same disposable address to the same addressee, I still need to go through the process of entering the address etc all over again to generate a new "From" email?

Thanks.
Improbulus

Postby josh » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:11 am

the same one should keep working
josh

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:13 am

Many thanks josh.

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:03 am

Hi, further questions on this subject if I may, as I've found that I might want to have an ongoing exchange with a particular addressee.

I know that when you use the feature to send emails from one of your disposable Spamgourmet addresses, you get given an address to put in the To field of your email, in the format
"+fromname+myusername+uniquenumber.addressee#destinationdomain.com@spamgourmet.com"

From the above, it seems that I can reuse that address any number of times to send fresh emails to the same addressee - I don't have to generate a new special address for the "To".

My query/request is this: are Spamgourmet considering including the option to save and view these special To addresses which one has created in the past, say those associated with a particular "From" address? Or is this feature there already, but I just haven't been able to find it? (If the latter I'd be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.)

That would save having to hunt for the "old" versions of the "To" address in my Sent mail, or having to create a new one if I can't find the old one.

Many thanks in advance.

Postby SysKoll » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:51 pm

From the above, it seems that I can reuse that address any number of times to send fresh emails to the same addressee - I don't have to generate a new special address for the "To".

That's correct. For a given destination, a given word and a given account, the hash value ("unique number" in your post) is always the same, and hence the sg-generated address is the same, so you can reuse it.

My query/request is this: are Spamgourmet considering including the option to save and view these special To addresses which one has created in the past, say those associated with a particular "From" address? Or is this feature there already, but I just haven't been able to find it? (If the latter I'd be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.)

That would save having to hunt for the "old" versions of the "To" address in my Sent mail, or having to create a new one if I can't find the old one.

That's normally what the address book function in an email client is for. What's preventing you from using the address book in your email client to store the sg-generated addresses?
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby josh » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:20 pm

yeah, we implemented the hashing functionality for the redirection addresses so we wouldn't have to store them anywhere (because we didn't think we'd have the space to do it). So, we don't store them anywhere...
josh

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:55 am

It's a beautiful thing . . . Hash to go with all that spam . . . and it goes right through your system . . .

Return to General Discussion