someone sending virii to .sender

General discussion re sg.

someone sending virii to .sender

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:03 pm

I received a couple of emails containing virii:
Subject: re: Error in document (.sender: message 4 of 5)
From: +.sender+user+304550a36b.arnold#XXXXXX@spamgourmet.com
Date: 12/8/2004 11:09 PM
To: ".sender.benalt"@xoxy.net

There is no key work before .sender so how does that work?

Thanks,
Ben

Postby SysKoll » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:09 pm

Obviously, .sender is taken as the address name. I assume that the physc part (which I blacked out with Xs in your message to protect your ID) is your protected mailbox.

To whom did you give the sender or user addresses? Because whoever had these addresses obviously got himself a mass-mailer virus on his machine.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:26 pm

Hi,

I don't know what physc refers to. I assumed it was the senders domain.

I don't know who the user is either (arnold @ that address you X'ed out). Don't know if it is worth emailing him about - my automatic reaction is to delete these emails.

Postby SysKoll » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:31 am

Well, if user arnold at physc in Sweden reads this, he has send an email to someone who has a mass mailer virus. No biggie.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:50 am

I had a similar thing happen to me - getting quite a few emails with a virus. Funny thing was that the virus was perverting the address - so most of those messages got eaten, since set the remaining messages to zero.

I sent a message to the person who had emailed the unknown person with my disposable address and tried to explain that one of his correspondants had a virus. I don't know how successful I was - I don't know if the message was forwarded, and everyone disinfected their computers.

Return to General Discussion