Self-destructing in n days option: jetable.org(OldForumCopy)

General discussion re sg.

Self-destructing in n days option: jetable.org(OldForumCopy)

Postby miniscus » Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:44 pm

By: nobody ( Nobody/Anonymous )
Self-destructing in n days option: jetable.org
2003-07-09 12:26

When you're after something which SpamGourmet isn't ideal for, there's always http://jetable.org . It offers disposables with time periods of 1, 2, 4, 6 and 8 days before self-destructing.

The jetable disposables aren't as convenient as SpamGourmet disposables because you have to visit the site to create them.

Still, they are an opton when a fixed time limit is more appropriate than the SpamGourmet system, or when you're creatig a short time address you don't want to have cluttering up your disposables.

Spam Gourmet is my main disposable set but this one is an exta tool for the toolbox.

If anyone wants to contact me, joslibou@jetable.net is valid for 8 days starting... now.:)

And, of course, jetable is redirecting via a Spam Gourmet address.:)

By: jqh1 ( Josiah Hamilton )
RE: Self-destructing in n days option: jetabl
2003-08-18 12:39

It's great that they've started doing that. I'm still holding off adding the feature to spamgourmet, because I can't figure out how to do it without making sg much more confusing than it already is :) - mailexpire.com used to do that also, but I think it's gone now.

RE: Self-destructing in n days option: jetable.or
2003-08-23 07:08

It's a good one for a small set of "other spam tool" links on the main page, IMO. Not suggesting many, just those which compliment Spam Gourmet directly, like this one. If the list gets to ten, it's got more items than I have in mind...:)

You could add http://www.spampal.com to the sites which link here. Spam Gourmet gets a mention from me, one of the plugin developers, whenever it's appropriate and on a walkthrough page. Not sure if it's been added to any formal links page yet. SpamPal is free Windows POP/IMAP/SMTPin/out proxy server which uses lots of DNSBLs, regular expressions and Bayesian filtering options to tag spam for deletion by mail clients.

James Day

By: jqh1 ( Josiah Hamilton )
RE: Self-destructing in n days option: jetabl
2003-08-24 18:04

You're right about spampal -- should have added that link long ago. It's in the "partners" section now.

2003-08-26 23:03

I propose that if the middle component of the address is a sequence of digits followed by the letter 'd', then the address expires in that many days after the first message to that address is received.

For example, <spamtrap.4d.user@spamgourmet.com> would expire 4 days after spamgourmet receives the first message to that address.

2003-09-05 20:27

What about using a negative number n, which means that it is measured in days?
miniscus

Return to General Discussion