Can you delete addresses?

General discussion re sg.

Postby Paranoid2000 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:15 am

jgombos wrote:If they've never been used, then there won't be a record to remove.
There will be if you created one manually (e.g. to send an email) but decided not to use it.
jgombos wrote:Another approach is to periodically abandon/delete your account, and start a new account.
That does appear to be the nearest option currently - but not feasible for everyone.
Paranoid2000

Re: Can you delete addresses?

Postby greatwolf » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:13 pm

I don't see how adding a delete button would increase support burden. You can just put it in the FAQ section that deleted addresses can get recreated if emails sent to that address etc.
More importantly, adding a delete feature would also solve this problem here.
greatwolf

Postby josh » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:05 pm

btw, I added a delete link in the beta code that's being discussed in the other thread about changing the appearance of addresses.
josh

Postby brabason » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:16 pm

I have several watch words, some are for 'serious' accounts which I know will be used a long time and 'temporary' ones which will only be used a couple of times. Occasionaly I hide all the 'temporary' ones. I have received emails from hidden address so I change the count to 0 and the acceptable email address to 'dummy.com'
I do not include the count in the email name. 'serious' ones get the organisation's email address so all spammmers are auto deleted (and there are many reported). This requires a bit of admin work but a few minutes every month is not too much.
brabason

Re: Delete address not hide

Postby sgabg » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:49 am

wshealy wrote:The only spammer who gets around this in one who changes the unique part of the address and I get 20 at a shot from him since he obvious knows how SG works. Got to admire the effort it takes since he must do this manually I assume. Kind of like Martha stealing cooking supplies from the prison kitchen. I thought about the pass code thing but since I have so many active addresses and this person apparently has access to a valid SG address for me that doesn't seem to help. Besides I just go in and set his new address to 0. Apparently he tries to send all 20 before creating another new address so I get time off for good behavior.

You could shut the spammer off by enabling watchword feature
sgabg

Previous

Return to General Discussion