SG + mac.com account?

General discussion re sg.

SG + mac.com account?

Postby Annie Nomus » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:30 pm

I'm thinking about getting a mac.com account, but I've seen some postings on the net that imply that Apple runs too aggressive of a spam filter and I might not get my forwarded messages. These postings were dated 2002, so it might have been fixed by now.

Does anyone currently use SG with a mac.com account, and have you had any problems with messages not showing up?
Annie Nomus

Re: SG + mac.com account?

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:30 pm

Annie Nomus wrote:I'm thinking about getting a mac.com account, but I've seen some postings on the net that imply that Apple runs too aggressive of a spam filter and I might not get my forwarded messages. These postings were dated 2002, so it might have been fixed by now.

Does anyone currently use SG with a mac.com account, and have you had any problems with messages not showing up?

Yes, I have a .Mac account and use SG to forward e-mail to the .Mac account w/o problem. I can't say I've never lost a forwarded message but I can say I've always received the ones I was expecting (things like verifications of forum joinings, notifications of online purchase shipments, etc.).

BTW, apparently the SG server is down at this time. I'm unable to log on to update the number for forwards left on several SG e-mail addresses.

Return to General Discussion