not getting mail via spamgourmet

General discussion re sg.

not getting mail via spamgourmet

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:53 pm

When I send a blank email via a verizon account I have to XXX@XXX, I get an email back immediately with a pdf file attached, but when I send the email with a return path through spamgourmet the pdf email never arrives - i.e. I don't receive it. I don't use filters other than spamgroumet and the address used should be able to forward emails. What's wrong?

Thanks,
Ben

Postby josh » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:42 pm

does the mail server use spam blocking that could be (erroneously :)) preventing spamgourmet from delivering the message? How big is the attachment?
josh

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:50 am

I don't know any details about the mail server, though the attachment is 490k. Another I can get via the same server is about 130k. I'll see in anycase what I can find out about the server.

Thanks,
Ben

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:59 am

I misunderstood where you were referring to when you mentioned the mail server. The receiving mail server was verizon for when it was successful and freezone.co.uk when it was unsuccessful. freezone may be using some kind of spam filter on their side - I'll have to look into that.

Ben

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:10 pm

Another point occured to me. Freezone has no problems receiving stuff via spamgourmet in general to my account so the problem would seem to be elsewhere.

regards,
Ben

Postby SysKoll » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:44 pm

You say you send email through a return address. It is very possible that whatever email client you are using mangles the return address. Please verify the "to" in the email you're sending.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:49 pm

Thanks. I regularly send out emails with a standard reply address through spamgourmet which is used by recipients when they hit "reply". There has never been a problem in both email clients I use - Thunderbird and OE.

regards,
Ben

Postby SysKoll » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:15 am

What's your current status? Are you still unable to get emails forwarded by SG to freezone?
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:12 pm

Hi again,

I get email all the time through spamgourmet via freezone - its my main email account. The problem has been (and still is) that from 1 or 2 places email doesn't seem to arrive eventhough it is sent. One is from this places where you send an email to the address and it automatically sends back a pdf document. Another place though is a place where I subscribe to various lists and I find that nothing is arriving. Other than these 2 places though I seem to be receiving email from everyone as normal (via spamgourmet sending to freezone).

regards,
Ben

Postby SysKoll » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:30 pm

If you are allowed to, please give us more info. If you give me these troublemaking addresses in a private message, I'll give it a try.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby benalt » Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:10 am

Hi there,

I sent you a private email with more details.

Thanks and regards,
Ben
benalt

Postby benalt » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:59 pm

Thanks SysKoll for helping out.. I followed your advice and the attachment arrived. I used the spamgourmet feature under advanced mode "send an email from a disposable" and sending using the generated address the attachment arrived right away.

regards,
Ben
benalt

Return to General Discussion