SpamGourmet Address not working in Online Form(OldForumCopy)

General discussion re sg.

SpamGourmet Address not working in Online Form(OldForumCopy)

Postby miniscus » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:58 pm

By: nobody ( Nobody/Anonymous )
SpamGourmet Address not working in Online Form
2003-07-10 02:03

HI,

I just signed up and when I tried to use my first spamgourmet address when filling out an online form, the form wouldn't process because it said the email address was not valid.

I tried to use the address (where username is my actual spamgourment username)

mail.3.username@spamgourmet.com

What's going on? Why wouldn't it work?

By: maratheamit ( Amit Marathe )
RE: SpamGourmet Address not working in Online For
2003-07-10 02:22

From your description, it looks as if the email validation routine at the online forum is deficient. It may be requiring the email to be of a typical form (say, user@company.com) rather than allowing more general forms like the one we use at SG.

-- Amit

By: miniscus ( Arick Hofmann )
RE: SpamGourmet Address not working in Online For
2003-07-10 03:51

That has happened to me with my real-time address. There sure are as many fascists in the net as are outside, believing they can determine the 'good' and the 'bad' with brainless webform-scripts, telling you they're protecting you by this. Some people have just learned script, nothing else, are good at it, and get a good job. Incredible. There is one main US Phone company and internet provider named Verizon, that I can not reach by any means from outside the US but write a snailmail.
I thought...
But I got help. In this case, my spamgourmet address was accepted, because it ends with .com.
Har Har Har.

What's going on? I guess it's the normal extent of human insanity you didn't know of until the internet came up.

Maybe you must even (if you really need those people) get another account somewhere. There must be something you can do. Like this maybe? Check it out: https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.p ... id=2096196

Good luck, Arick
miniscus

Return to General Discussion