Spamgourmet being used to send spam

General discussion re sg.

Spamgourmet being used to send spam

Postby JG » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:37 pm

One of my addresses regularly eats spam from a particular spammer. However, of late I've noticed that a couple of spams have reached me from that spammer through that address because the spammer is sending from a @xoxy.net address, which is a trusted sender.

Spamgourmet generally helps me stop spam to an address completely, but in this case, it appears that the spammer is using spamgourmet to overcome the block.

Is there a change I can make to control this?

JG
JG

I found a temp solution

Postby JG » Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:01 pm

I found a probable solution that will let me avoid being spammed from a spamgourmet trusted domain.

I don't want to use the address any more, so I made up an exclusive sender for that address, which appears to not allow even trusted senders to send to that address, effectively killing the spam from @xoxy.net accounts on spamgourmet.

To me the longer term concern is the fact that spam is coming from spamgourmet accounts the first place.
JG

Postby SysKoll » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:06 pm

JG,

You cannot send spam from spamgourmet. Check it yourself: there is no "send mail" function. What you can do is forge the From field of an email so that it contains an address in one of sg's domain. That's trivial and that does not make sg the source of spam.

I'm curious about the spam message your mentioned (the one with a From xoxy.net field). Can you please send it to the info address? Thanks.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to General Discussion