Suggest: spam-forward eaten emails

General discussion re sg.

Suggest: spam-forward eaten emails

Postby rajaryaan » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:33 pm

Currently, if a mesage is received after the countdown, it is eaten. However, there does exist a likelihood that one might want the email (however small the likelihood is).

SO, I suggest a "spam-forward" feature. This is a new option that allows eaten messages to be forward to the user's 'real' email - along with addition to the subject/header.

For example, I use K9 as my spam filter. I can easily create a rule that identifies messages as spam:
Code: Select all
those with subject containing "[SPAMGOURMET IDENTIFIED SPAM]"
or those with header containing X-Text-Classification: spam

This way, I get all emails from Spamgourmet, but the ones that are eaten go to my spam folder. Just in case I need it, I have access to it.

-Raj Aryaan.
rajaryaan

Postby josh » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:43 pm

we've had that feature the whole time, but only upon manual request -- "eating" messages is a lot cheaper than forwarding them, and we don't think the service would last too long if everyone was having all mail forwarded. That said, if you want it turned on, send an email to info with the details.

josh
josh

Forward spam to ... (Gnaaaaark! ?)

Postby CT Hunter bis » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:36 pm

L.O.

Why not forwarding them (don't forget masquerading the relay) to addresses belonging to :
- the maffia,
- the N - S - A,
- some pirate rings,
- some terrorist organizations,
- other spamming companies,
- etc.

They probably would be happy to get cheaper V146R4 or free p**n too, and would thank senders a lot. :twisted: :D

Cheers !
CHb
CT Hunter bis

Return to General Discussion