[Suggestions]Time adress / Adress for someone else

General discussion re sg.

[Suggestions]Time adress / Adress for someone else

Postby teebo » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:40 pm

Hi!
Great service, I'm using it as the "interface" for one of my adress, and do you know what? Still spam free (on this one ;-S)
I have two suggestions for you :

1-It could be great a time adress to have, instead of saying
myword.5.myaccount@... we could have as well myword.5d....to last for five days. It can be great to have a timed conversation with someone or a group of people...

2-Other one, could there be a possibility to map the adress of someone else (for exemple to send an e-card without giving his/her email away)...

Thanks for everything anyway!
teebo

Re: [Suggestions]Time adress / Adress for someone else

Postby jbs » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:55 am

teebo wrote:Hi!
Great service, I'm using it as the "interface" for one of my adress, and do you know what? Still spam free (on this one ;-S)
I have two suggestions for you :

1-It could be great a time adress to have, instead of saying
myword.5.myaccount@... we could have as well myword.5d....to last for five days. It can be great to have a timed conversation with someone or a group of people...

2-Other one, could there be a possibility to map the adress of someone else (for exemple to send an e-card without giving his/her email away)...

Thanks for everything anyway!

The timed option would be a neat addition to SG. Right now when I want to have a timed option I generally just use jetable.org. You input an address on their website, and a time limit, and they autogenerate a big address of the form 98798dfauihqi4y@jetable.org. For the number of hours or days you specify, they will forward from that address to the one you give, after that no more. Can't be extended, can't be recovered.

Come to think of it, that would also address your second need. If you want to send your friend an e-card, enter his/her address at http://www.jetable.org/en/index with a 24-hour cutoff, and then send the card to the jetable address. It would be unusual in my experience for even the slimiest of spammers to get your address within 24 hours (i.e. for your friend to get spam within 24 hours of getting the e-card) but in the worst case you at least know the spam will stop within 1 day.

--Jason

P.S. I seem to recall in the past that there was a concern about offering the feature you talk about in 2 since it could expose SG to being used to send unsolicited mail.
jbs

and then

Postby guest42 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:17 am

while you're in feature-lift-mode why not incorporate some spiffy features of TMDA

http://tmda.net/

8)
guest42

Postby teebo » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:44 pm

Well for jbs, that's true that it can be used abusivly, almost like everything :oS But I'm getting an awful lot of spam through adress like jetable, but thanks for the link, it seems really useful (but it would be nice to have everything through the same site, i don't want to give my real adress to often :-D)

TMDA seems for me a little bit too much, most of my correspundant are computer illeterate and wouldn't know what to do with this confirmation :o)

Ciao
Teebo
teebo

Return to General Discussion