1st address exhausted

General discussion re sg.

1st address exhausted

Postby donfiasco » Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:27 pm

I'm pretty new to spamgourmet and have used the first address almost 20 times. I know that I can create (a) new address(es), but what happens when mails are sent to the old one; will they continue to be forwarded?

Any comments will be appreciated.
donfiasco

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:40 am

I am a current user.

THE SHORT ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION:

Your old disposable will continue to forward until its count declines to, or is set to, zero. If the old disposable has any exclusives assigned to it, they will be forwarded indefinitely. Any trusted senders will also be forwarded by the old disposable indefinitely. All of this will occur even as your new disposables are used or created, have THEIR own exclusives, etc.

PLEASE READ THIS EXPLANATION:

Upon re-reading the spamgourmet home pages, it appears only 'advanced mode' SAYS you can have multiple disposables, and only by inference by using phrases like 'view/edit your disposable ADDRESSES' and 'send you email on any of your DISPOSABLES' [emphasis added]. If you read only the 'no brainer' page, you might miss it.

SO.... let's state it explicitly:

[1]
You can have as many disposable addresses as you want, all active at the same time.

[2]
Each disposable will stop forwarding only when its count declines to, or is set to, zero. You can set or reset this count manually on the 'advanced' page. Any addresses with non-zero counts will forward.

[3]
Each of your disposables can have one or more 'exclusive senders'. Mail from an exclusive sender will NOT decrease the count of the disposable to which it is assigned, and will be forwarded even when the count of that disposable declines to or is set to zero.

[4]
You can have one or more 'trusted senders' which operate like the exclusives, but which apply to ALL disposables in your account. Trusted senders will always be forwarded by all disposables.

NOTE:
I don't know the maximum number of exclusive or trusted senders allowed.

Return to General Discussion