SG filter words feature

General discussion re sg.

SG filter words feature

Postby FilterGuy » Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:45 am

hello,

ive been using SG for long now and i appreciate it very much.
i was wondering if there is a FILTER feature for words in subject or body of the email ?

before it gets through to my real email SG needs to check if it doesnt contain these keywords,

the reason why, is i use SG for my domains email contact
and these spam email
entitled

"Unique Logo demonstrates Personality of Your Business "
and
"Popular software, very low prices "

keeps comming back, its really hard to change 100 domains one by one because these two spam emails keeps coming back
FilterGuy

Postby josh » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:52 pm

ugh - I keep getting the logo ones on the info address. I've got a logo for them...

I hate to say it, but right now the code parses the message headers (and not the message body) prior to determining which user the message is for (which it would need to know in order grab the right filter words). Reparsing the message after the user was determined (and, parsing the body at all) would increase the server load quite a bit.

That said, we're refactoring the code, so some opportunities in this area may open up.
josh

Postby jbs » Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:49 pm

One solution here would be to use a destination email address which would allow for filtering.

I use Runbox.com for example, and not only can I filter my various spamgourmet addresses into any folder I want based on headers, addresses, body, subject, etc, but I can filter out any words I want, apply Spam Assassin filtering if I desire, etc.

I don't work for the company, but I've been thrilled with the spam control I get with them. My spamgourmet addresses all point to my runbox account.

--Jason
jbs

Postby filterguy » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:32 pm

ugh - I keep getting the logo ones on the info address. I've got a logo for them...

Josh,

if you hate spam, PLEASE DONT PATRONIZE SPAMMERS. :twisted:

thats the reason why spammers love to spam because people
patronize their product.

please help stop spamming by not buying from them.
filterguy

Return to General Discussion