Spamgourmet friendly e-mail clients?

General discussion re sg.

Postby paleoguy » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:57 pm

I've seen a couple of possible minor incompatibilities.

1. Regarding the "send a message from one of your disposable addresses" feature and the Opera 8.01 browser. This is FYI if you're interested; this is not a complaint!

The supplied link looks like this:
+word+username+5788qwer0j.recipient#dom ... ourmet.com
Clicking the link opens my email client, PocoMail, with the fragment +word+username+5788qwer0j.recipient in To and domain.net@spamgourmet.com in Subject. Right-clicking the link and selecting "Copy link address" cuts off the address before the # symbol, giving you this: +word+username+5788qwer0j.recipient.

2. I've never had a reply reach its destination. In replies, the supplied To header looks like this:
To: "text phrase" <complicatedaddress@domain.com>
For some reason, PocoMail always strips quotation marks from To headers before sending. Does this bother spamgourmet, I wonder?
paleoguy

Postby SysKoll » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:11 am

Paleoguy,

Regarding point 1, this is not a problem just with Opera. A number of browsers fail to copy the generated addresses correctly. You need to do a text cut-and-paste.

As for 2, make sure that you have address masking enabled.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby paleoguy » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:46 pm

SysKoll wrote:As for 2, make sure that you have address masking enabled.

Thank you for the reply. Yes, "reply address masking" is enabled.
paleoguy

Postby SysKoll » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:01 pm

SO you say that you email someone with an address generated by sg's "email from this disposable" function and that the reply never arrives? That's wried.

So let's debug it. Send me your real email address in a private message. I'll email you using the "email from this disposable" function and ask you to reply.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby paleoguy » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:49 pm

SysKoll wrote:SO you say that you email someone with an address generated by sg's "email from this disposable" function and that the reply never arrives? That's wried.

So let's debug it. Send me your real email address in a private message. I'll email you using the "email from this disposable" function and ask you to reply.

No, sorry. The "email from this disposable" matter was separate.

Replies, i.e., replies to messages sent to me at a spamgourmet address, never reach their destination. In other words, I can't reply to messages sent to me at a spamgourmet address. This is no big deal. I surmise that it has something to do with my email client.
paleoguy

Postby SysKoll » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:56 am

One sure-fire method: copy the reply address (if necessary from the SMTP headers), starting with the +sign and ending with @spamgourmet.com, and paste it in the To: field of the reply within angle brackets (< >) with no space inside the brackets.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby paleoguy » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:53 am

OK, thanks. I'll try that at the next opportunity.
paleoguy

Previous

Return to General Discussion