Silent Block of SG from GMX / WEB ?

General discussion re sg.

Silent Block of SG from GMX / WEB ?

Postby MrData » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:45 am

Hello fellow SG users,

can anyone confirm / deny whether their forwarding from SG to their protected address at gmx.net / gmx.de / web.de is still working? It seems that in my case (GMX), forwarding seems to have ceased entirely.

I recall there being a thread about unreliable email forwarding from United Internet in the past (as as many will recall, United Internet was the owner of GMX and Web.de in the past), but it appears that United Internet sold both GMX and WEB.de to 1&1 Mail & Media GmbH. The old discussion thread was: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1804
I also faintly recall that after having the same forwarding problems as reported by many in that thread, the problem simply went away after some point for me.
And now it's back, only under the "1&1 Mail & Media GmbH" umbrella...

1&1 Mail & Media GmbH owns:

GMX (.de, .net, etc..)
Web.de
Mail.com (*not* mail.de though)

So can anyone who has one of these as their "protected address" to which SG forwards all mails check if their mails are arriving?
Should it turn out that 1&1 Mail & Media GmbH is silently blocking SG like United Internet did in the past, the natural response would be to change the protected address to something not owned by them.
MrData

Re: Silent Block of SG from GMX / WEB ?

Postby Volker » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:51 pm

Hi,

yes I can confirm that I cant receive any emails from spamgourmet to my *@gmx.de email. It worked for more then 10 years, now its blocked.
Unfortunately, i thought spamgourmet was to blame. But I tested it, a redirect to another email not at GMX works fine.

Volker
Volker

Postby SG-Fan » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:11 am

Hello,

Me too. Mails from spamgourmet.com or 0sg.net fail to enter into my mailbox @gmx.net . GMX blocks them since February 2023. Spamgourmet did send and confirmes this with its counter "forwarded".

Yours,
SG-Fan
SG-Fan

Postby wipf27 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:38 pm

Confirmed for spamgourmet.com and xoxy.net, and for both gmx and web.de.
I have temporarily changed my forwarding address to something outside of the United Internet dominion, just to receive mails again.
I wonder if there's something like a whitelist of providers that are known to play nice with SG...
wipf27

Return to General Discussion