The solution for Proton Mail users

General discussion re sg.

The solution for Proton Mail users

Postby chawl » Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:29 pm

You probably know that when you try to receive SpamGourmet emails they never come through if you use Proton Mail. So, we're going to use another masking service (it can be a good one with very ungenerous features, we just need one mask). In this tutorial I use Firefox Relay, but you can use anything else (like AnonAddy, but not SimpleLogin, as it probably won't work.)

Without further ado, let's go.

1. Sign up for Firefox Relay <https://relay.firefox.com/accounts/fxa/login/?process=login> (use your real email)
2. When logged in, click "Generate new mask".
3. Add an account name if you like.
4. Copy the email address
5. Now, if you already have a SpamGourmet account, simply change your protected address to the Firefox Relay one, and verify it.
6. If not, simply create a new SG account with the FF Relay email, and verify it.

Note that there are 2 caveats: 1) you can't send replies (if SG can even do that) 2) you will get a large banner at the top of your messages advertising Firefox Relay's paid plans like this:

chawl

Re: The solution for Proton Mail users

Postby xxxxme » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:37 pm

Nice solution. Using duckduckgo's email protection as the middle forwarding service (invite only through the phone app, last I knew) I'm also able to reply when using this method.
xxxxme

Postby JFK » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:53 pm

Hey,

is it possible, to use a SG account (with a protected address of a different e-mail provider) in order to send emails to a proton mail address?
Or are those e-mails all rejected by Proton Mail?

Thanks in advance for the answer.
(I want to send an e-mail to a Proton Mail account and hope to be able to use a SG address.)

Cheers,

JFK
JFK

Postby classic » Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:27 am

I have a different problem related to protonmail. The problem is I cannot create a brand new protonmail account using a spam gourmet email address as my recovery email address. Does anybody have a workaround?
classic

Postby r2d2 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:53 am

I was able to use the first domain from the sg dropdown as the recovery email.
r2d2

Postby classic » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:40 pm

r2d2 wrote:I was able to use the first domain from the sg dropdown as the recovery email.

I'm trying to created a brand new protonmail account at this moment. I used the first domain from the dropdown list, the one that begins with the smallest number and then the two initials of this website, and then a period and then a three-letter top-level domain -- the reverse of ten. But proton still says "Email domain not allowed".

When did you successfully use that domain on proton? Maybe it's been many years ago?
classic

Postby r2d2 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:31 am

Sorry about the delay, yes i created the protonmail many years ago.
r2d2

Return to General Discussion