Donation suggestion

General discussion re sg.

Donation suggestion

Postby sifter » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:35 pm

Hello All,

I've been a SpamGourmet user since 2003, but am a brand new user of this forum. Like everyone else I appreciate very much what Josh created, and what Josiah is continuing to administer. :D
To me this is one of those fine community spirited services that were more common in the early days of the Web, but which are now a little harder to find.

My way of supporting SG has been to mark my calendar and make annual contributions by credit card to SG. The amount of the donation is not very large, but I figure that it covers my own share of hosting and bandwidth costs plus the shares of a few other users. By making it an annual contribution it minimizes the flat portion of the credit card fee incurred by the recipient.

I'm sure that many others registered on this forum are already making donations too. I hope that other users who have not started doing this will join us in making regular donations of some sort (whatever's comfortable) to this site so that the service can continue without imposing a financial burden on Josiah.
sifter

Re: Donation suggestion

Postby greatwolf » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:30 am

Or spamgourmet can just start taking crypto like Dash and Bitcoin Cash where cost to donate is basically free. Personally I'm not contributing anything until they fix the email reception issues where 2FA emails aren't getting received therefore locking me out of my own accounts.
greatwolf

Re: Donation suggestion

Postby pogue972 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:34 pm

We were just recently discussing this in a thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1797
pogue972

Return to General Discussion