Block feature possible?

General discussion re sg.

Block feature possible?

Postby xmoddz » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:58 pm

Is there a way to simply block an address that we created so that it no longer works instead of showing it as being deleted in the last 3 deleted emails area? If we delete it the email, it will just reappear when another spam mail is received
xmoddz

Re: Block feature possible?

Postby jmuscara » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:08 pm

In the Advanced mode, set it to zero, and make sure you don't have any exclusive senders set up.
jmuscara

Postby score » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:24 pm

You may also need to set the address to hidden, also from the advanced mode control panel.
score

Postby xmoddz » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:31 am

The address has 0 remaining messages, is not exclusive and is set to hidden, yet it showed 2 recent emails for the 28th and 29th, so it does not appear to be working
xmoddz

Postby xmoddz » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:33 am

It is also not trusted, another email is doing exactly the same thing
xmoddz

Postby lwc » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:06 pm

xmoddz wrote:yet it showed 2 recent emails for the 28th and 29th

When you write "yet it showed" do you mean through the Eaten log?
If so, that's exactly what the Eaten log does - it shows you messages that were automatically deleted.
There's an option there to turn off this log, but you'll then never know what you miss.
Last edited by lwc on Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
lwc

Postby xmoddz » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:17 pm

lwc wrote:
xmoddz wrote:yet it showed 2 recent emails for the 28th and 29th

When you write "yet it showed" do you mean through the Eaten log?
If so, that's exactly what the Eaten log does - it shows you messages that were automatically deleted.
There's an option there to turn it off this log, but you'll then never know what you miss.

Yes that is right
Oh k thats why i was asking about a block feature so that it wouldnt even show in the log, the email would just be totally disabled
I have an email that keeps sending me spam nonstop so the log only shows those spam emails
There have been a few times where a legit email would not be sent to me and i wouldnt know unless i checked the log but since the log only shows 3 recent emails, i might know that particular address is not getting through
xmoddz

Postby lwc » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:37 am

xmoddz wrote:Yes that is right
Oh k thats why i was asking about a block feature so that it wouldnt even show in the log, the email would just be totally disabled

This option is called "don't log for hidden addresses".Up to you if you want that risk or not.
lwc

Return to General Discussion