mail.com and "send from disposable addresses"

General discussion re sg.

mail.com and "send from disposable addresses"

Postby drivers » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:32 pm

When I use the "send a message from one of your disposable addresses" option of spamgourmet, and use the resulting complicated address as a "to" address sending from mail.com, when I click "send" the browser just acts like it's waiting for the server to respond, then eventually gets a time out. However, the message gets sent successfully, as I can see in my "sent mail" folder. Mostly it's just a pain though. (The problem doesn't occur sending to "normal" email addresses.) It happens in two kinds of browsers, but only when using those complicated addresses. I have a support case open with mail.com but was wondering if anyone was aware of the problem, and if it was caused by something in the format of the address provided by spamgourmet. Length, plus sign, pound sign, something else? I realize it's probably a problem with mail.com but ...
drivers

Postby drivers » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:06 pm

Hey... looks like they are working on the problem... I got this response from tech support:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
We are able to replicate the problem and have now
escalated this to our engineers for speedy resolution.

We appreciate your patience while we try to
correct this for you.

Your Support Team
drivers

Re: mail.com and "send from disposable addresses"

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:13 pm

When I use the "send a message from one of your disposable addresses" option of spamgourmet, and use the resulting complicated address as a "to" address sending from ...

I also wanted to use this option but the resulting mailto link simply populates the TO: filed in my email client. Won't the recipient see my normal email address as the return address?

TIA,
David

Two extra copies of this message deleted by SysKoll 2004-04-28 09:25:37 EST

WOW! What a moron!

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:18 pm

Not only did I send the same message 3 times, I then found the answer right under my !@%$# nose!

My apologies for having a stupid attack.

David

Postby SysKoll » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:24 pm

David,

I cleaned off the duplicate messages. No harm. Glad to see you find the "send message" feature useful.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to General Discussion