SG Working Sporadically ? (Jan 2020)

General discussion re sg.

SG Working Sporadically ? (Jan 2020)

Postby Nuke » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:36 pm

The last week or so I have only been getting a few emails through SG, so I sent a few emails to my self at SG addresses as a test and they have not got through, or shown up on the count on my SG pages as either forwarded or deleted. My email client is definitely working though. Has anyone else noticed or is it just me?
Nuke

Re: SG Working Sporadically ? (Jan 2020)

Postby twbill » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:32 pm

Having probably the same problem.

I have not received mail I have expected in the last day or two, and have had sending failures with the following error message in the returned email:

String found where operator expected at /home/spamgourmet/mail/spamgourmet.config line 148, near "'r*******.**z'"
(Missing semicolon on previous line?)
syntax error at /home/spamgourmet/mail/spamgourmet.config line 148, near "'r*******.**z'"
Compilation failed in require at /home/spamgourmet/modules/Mail/Spamgourmet/Config.pm line 38.
Last edited by twbill on Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
twbill

Postby josiah » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:19 am

I received a PM indicating this has been for about the last day. Is this the case for you too?

Last night I added a whitelist entry for a user and left a comma off. Apologies for that. Let me know if it works for you now. I was able to send/receive to myself just now.
josiah

Postby Mr9ox » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:40 am

I have been unable to receive or send through SG since Sun 1/19 19:10 est.
How can I help you maintain this excellent service?
Do you have to reset my accounts?
Mr9ox

Postby josiah » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:48 am

I don't believe so. The error was server side (a config) and table entries associated with your account should be unaffected.

It is my understanding that IMAP is pretty robust about outages this long, so hopefully people's mail should be getting through, unless it was being dropped the spamgourmet way.

I apologize for lost messages this may have caused. I hope for the best and will be more careful and vet my changes from now on.

Mr9ox wrote:I have been unable to receive or send through SG since Sun 1/19 19:10 est.
How can I help you maintain this excellent service?
Do you have to reset my accounts?
josiah

Postby Mr9ox » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:48 am

Joshua, whatever you did worked great! I lost 24 hours of messages, but new messages are coming in now. Thank you so much!!
If it helps, i just donated a few bucks to sgpp.josh@spamgourmet.com, hope that is you!
I'll try to fund as much as I can for your excellent service.
Mr9ox

Postby Mr9ox » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:00 am

Josiah, I have your name right now, sorry my friend. Thank you for sharing your personal status, as well as the status of SG. I volunteer to help admin your servers. I know this must be a lot of work.
Mr9ox

Postby lwc » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:54 pm

josiah wrote:Last night I added a whitelist entry for a user and left a comma off.

Just out of curiosity, what did you mean by "added a whitelist entry for a user"?
lwc

Postby josiah » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:55 pm

lwc,

As it stands, the whitelist for spamgourmet forwarding domains is a perl array in a config file. Many of these entries are by user request here on bbs via PM. The domain belongs to them, and they have an MX record that points to our service. We accompany every entry with a comment denoting the user it's associated with. Unfortunately it was poorly formated so I overlooked the need for a comma delimiting the newly penultimate entry. I've since adjusted the formatting of the code to make it more readable.
josiah

Return to General Discussion