Seeking domain that is not rejected

General discussion re sg.

Seeking domain that is not rejected

Postby milkbadger » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:23 am

If anyone is willing to share it with me privately, I would like to find a SG domain that is not included in the denylist at https://github.com/ivolo/disposable-email-domains.

If you do know of such a domain, please do not post it publicly in this thread, in order to keep it safe from Kickbox and their cronies.
milkbadger

Re: Seeking domain that is not rejected

Postby JM-L » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:08 pm

I do all my private emails through Spamgourmet and never tell anybody else my real address. If some paranoid administrator declines this I try to convince them or I turn away.

For the, very view, hopeless but important cases I registered a GMX address which I normally don't check. I then configure a mail forwarding for them there what is sort of a positive list.

It works fine for me. Only it's a bit difficult for them to reach me if they use different sender addresses. Their problem and I try to tell them, what unfortunately often doesn't help in the modern process driven world.
JM-L

Postby JustPassingThrough » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:17 pm

JM-L wrote:I do all my private emails through Spamgourmet and never tell anybody else my real address. If some paranoid administrator declines this I try to convince them or I turn away.

For the, very view, hopeless but important cases I registered a GMX address which I normally don't check. I then configure a mail forwarding for them there what is sort of a positive list.

It works fine for me. Only it's a bit difficult for them to reach me if they use different sender addresses. Their problem and I try to tell them, what unfortunately often doesn't help in the modern process driven world.

It seems like lately all of my efforts to use SG addresses are getting rejected. :( Registering a new address and forwarding from there does not seem like an effective solution to me.

JPT
JustPassingThrough

Postby josiah » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:11 am

If you haven't gotten one, and you have a domain you would like to use, send SysKoll me a PM. If it continues to not work, I'll need to evaluate how people who seem to deem themselves the adversaries of personal, proactive privacy are combating this.
josiah

Postby JustPassingThrough » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:07 am

josiah wrote:If you haven't gotten one, and you have a domain you would like to use, send SysKoll me a PM. If it continues to not work, I'll need to evaluate how people who seem to deem themselves the adversaries of personal, proactive privacy are combating this.

Thank you, and I hope all is well with you and your family. I like how you worded that: the adversaries of personal, proactive privacy! The OP sent me a message but unfortunately deleted it before I read it. Hopefully s/he/they did find one.

JPT
JustPassingThrough

Postby nottooshabby » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:23 am

Hello, can anyone PM me with a domain that is not on the list please. I've been having some difficulty signing up for a new service as they are filtering spamgourmet domains.
nottooshabby

Postby milkbadger » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:43 pm

josiah wrote:I'll need to evaluate how people who seem to deem themselves the adversaries of personal, proactive privacy are combating this.

They have a list of services (Spamgourmet, Email Generator, etc.) that they want to block, and they track their MX hostnames (gourmet7.spamgourmet.com, generator.email, etc.).

They and their partners are likely harvesting email domains from customers. When they encounter an unrecognized domain, they look up its MX record. If it points to one of the known hostnames, they add the domain to the block list.
milkbadger

Postby planux » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:50 pm

They have a list of services (Spamgourmet, Email Generator, etc.) that they want to block, and they track their MX hostnames (gourmet7.spamgourmet.com, generator.email, etc.).

Yep, pretty sure that's what they're doing. I registered a private domain with Josh a few years ago, and I've been the only one to use it -- and it's on that list :(
planux

Postby voltage » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:50 am

I run my own disposable email: joyabo (dot) com
I get the code from Github.
And I use external MX record.
voltage

Postby jim » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:29 am

voltage wrote:I get the code from Github.

I would understand if you want to run at the site of another question from me :), but what code are you referring to?
jim

Postby voltage » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:56 am

This http://www.joyabo.com is for public uses.
You can get the code at: https://github.com/joyabo/disposable-mailbox
Requirements: Php, Imap and catch-all email

The discussion we got at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1786 is for private disposable email addresses.
With hosting (cpanel or directadmin), email forwarders and a mailbox..
voltage

Postby jim » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:21 pm

voltage wrote:This http://www.joyabo.com is for public uses.
You can get the code at: https://github.com/joyabo/disposable-mailbox
Requirements: Php, Imap and catch-all email...

Thanks again voltage

Just FYI someone has asked why someone would want to block an email forwarding domain. Hopefully there will be an equally thoughtful response. :)
jim

Postby voltage » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:46 am

I manage several websites for both myself and my clients. Some require an email address, for example, for username registration or email newsletter.

And I don't block disposable email addresses.

My reasons are very easy:

1. If a website visitor is unwilling to provide his/her real email address, it means he/she needs time to trust my website, then why should he/she be forced?

2. It's easy to register for free email and some free email providers even provide free email aliases.

3. You can register your own domain name with promotional extensions, for example .xyz, .buzz, etc. for as little as US $ 1 per year, and host it on free email hosting providers or your email forwarding from your registrar and acts as private disposable email addresses.
voltage

Postby voltage » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:50 am

planux wrote:Yep, pretty sure that's what they're doing. I registered a private domain with Josh a few years ago, and I've been the only one to use it -- and it's on that list :(

Yes, you are correct, they check MX record.
If your MX record: gourmet7.spamgourmet.com, mx.discard.email, generator.email, etc then it will be rejected and put on the blocked list.

The simple solution is by using email forwarders from your registrar, but the downside is usually only allow 50-100 email forwarders.
Or you could host your domain name with free email hosting.
Other solution is by host it on paid shared hosting plan.
voltage

Postby voltage » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:52 am

jim wrote:Thanks again voltage

It's my pleasure. :)
voltage

Return to General Discussion