date of last eaten message

General discussion re sg.

date of last eaten message

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:41 pm

HI,

For me, having an eaten message log doesn't have much use due to the volume of messages eaten, I would miss most of what is recorded there.

What would be nice though is to know for each disposable address when the last message was eaten that was sent to it. Sometimes it is nice to know if an address is still receiving mail or not. For example if an address was only receiving legitimate mail was deactivated and still seems to be getting mail, it would be nice to know to allow it to receive a few more messages to know what is going on.

regards.
ben

Postby josh » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:22 pm

We'd need to add another column to the address table to track the last updated date/time, but we probably should have done that in the first place.

We just added an undocumented feature you may be interested in -- it makes it so that the eaten message log is not updated for addresses that are "hidden" -- that way you can exclude your hopeless addresses by hiding them and then the log gets more useful.

If you're interested, post your spamgourmet username and I'll turn it on for you.
josh

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:57 pm

benalt

Thanks,
Ben

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:59 pm

Regarding the date field though - would you then consider implementing that? Is adding columns very difficult?

Thanks,
Ben

Return to General Discussion