Alternatives to spamgourmet

General discussion re sg.

Re: Alternatives to spamgourmet

Postby Duckjibe » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:52 pm

Hi,

yes restriction are not the best.
However the tested services (E4ward, Spamex) asking both for money and have

E4ward.com: Non working Read More site, Dokumentation on version 1.0 and Copyright from 2012
Spamex.com: News site last reply from 2003 and advertising on main page from 2015.

So honestly im not sure if here is everything up to date beside the payment site.

Within 33mail you have forwarded / spam / blocked counter but no number of limiting recieving mails.
An what i will pobably use in future is my own domain because i also figured out some sites who not accepting SG domains.

BUT this is only the option if SG really shut down what I will not hope.
I would much more like to spend my money here.

Regards
Duck
Duckjibe

Postby vikasa » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:05 pm

lwc wrote:Don't their limits bother you?
A couple of large attachments and you're done. Not to mention even in the most expensive plan "the size limit for attachments is 10M".
Likewise for limiting how many times you're allowed to reply to messages.
Do you know what's "Custom settings"?
In the free plan, do the ads apply to the website or also to the e-mail messages themselves?
Last but not least, do they have eaten log, exclusive senders and counters?

Attachments & replies restrictions are fine for my usage.
No, I don't know what they mean by Custom settings
When I tried the free plan before forking out $12/year, the ads were in the banner/tag and it was a single text line, no images, not too bad. In the Premium plan, the ad goes away and you can adjust the position of the banner (top, bottom, both or none)
No eaten log, simple per-alias forwarded/spam/blocked counter.

As stated by others, SG exclusive sender feature (with regex that too!) is really a SG exclusive, would love to have that but its absence has not bothered me so far.

Thanks
vikasa

Postby Bibi » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:55 pm

And what i will probably use in future is my own domain because i also figured out some sites who not accepting SG domains.

Did you try all SG domains? One server was refusing all checked domains, I was about to give up as I tried one using the first letters of the alphabet. And this one was accepted.
Bibi

Previous

Return to General Discussion