moneysavingexpert

General discussion re sg.

moneysavingexpert

Postby Nuke » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:48 am

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com, a major UK personal finance website and forum, associated with a TV program hosted by Martin Lewis, rejects all the SG addresses that I tried to register with it. So I registered with a Yahoo email address that I only ever use for cases like this and never otherwise look at - their loss. They offer other methods of registering and using the site including via Facebook*! - are people crazy? discussing their finances via FB, which can link it with your actual person, and then sell your financial circumstances info to others? And these are the webmasters who think that SG is a risk!

moneysavingexpert's forum is badly designed anyway. The "Join" and "Log In" buttons do nothing in my up-to-date Firefox on Linux - had to boot an old copy of WinXP to register. The "Log In" button still does not work in the modern Firefox, but I found I could log in by attempting to start a forum thread whereupon a log-in box pops up. There is no "Log Out" button that I can see. I don't understand how such a high profile website can be so crappy.

* Now under a new criminal investigation.
Nuke

Re: moneysavingexpert

Postby r2d2 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:21 pm

I wonder what they use to block all the SG addresses. That's super annoying
r2d2

Re: moneysavingexpert

Postby noOneInParticular » Sat May 04, 2019 11:16 am

Stay away from moneysavingexpert.com. They're a CloudFlare site and share everything with CloudFlare Inc, so obviously they cannot be trusted.
noOneInParticular

Return to General Discussion