Blocked domains

General discussion re sg.

Blocked domains

Postby DJA » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:43 pm

I tried to use a SG email address at momsview.com and I received a message saying SG will not accept any messages from momsview.com. Is there a list of the sites that are blacklisted by SG?

Thanks,
David
DJA

Postby SysKoll » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:36 pm

DJA,

On momsview.com, when you get this message, read it completely:

Email Address Not Permitted.

Your attempt to subscribe xxx.xxx.xxx@spamgourmet.com to the list momsview failed because the administrator of domain spamgourmet.com has requested not to receive email from any lists we host. You may try to subscribe another email address or spamgourmet.com may be removed from our blocking listby having the domain administrator contact aup@savicom.net

Thank you.

Savicom
Customer Service
support@savicom.net

So the real problem is that savicom/momsview is blocking SG, not the opposite. Our code is public, we don't have a domain blaoklist.

To work around ther block, just use the xoxy.net domain.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:17 pm

Ok Thanks. It's not a big deal because it wasn't an important service. But it is confusing because the message is contradictory. On the one hand they say:

Your attempt to subscribe xxx.xxx.xxx@spamgourmet.com to the list momsview failed because the administrator of domain spamgourmet.com has requested not to receive email from any lists we host.

But as you pointed out, they also say:

You may try to subscribe another email address or spamgourmet.com may be removed from our blocking list by having the domain administrator contact ....

Nothing to dwell on. It's a closed issue for me.

Thanks

Postby SysKoll » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:10 pm

DJA,

You're welcome! Filtering potential spammers such as momsview is exactly what SG is made for. Glad to be of help.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to General Discussion