Endless logins with countless 403 Forbidden errors.

General discussion re sg.

Endless logins with countless 403 Forbidden errors.

Postby Bythesea » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:31 pm

Hello, please help : Endless logins with countless 403 Forbidden errors.

I am unable to send a PM to Admins.
I have tried using "Log me on automatically each visit" and or "Hide my online status this session" it does not make any difference.
It always asks me to enter my user name and password every 10-60 seconds and / or
If I make a draft or preview a PM, It makes me log in again with message never saved or gives me this error:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /ucp.php on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
:cry:
Bythesea

Re: Endless logins with countless 403 Forbidden errors.

Postby josh » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:02 am

are you talking about the bbs? I don't think what you're describing could happen on the main website.
josh

Postby Bythesea » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:03 pm

Yes, only the BBS has this endless asking of re-login under 60 seconds and then throws back constant 403 forbidden errors. This is from trying to send a PM to Admins or save message drafts.

I have tried several different web-browsers they all get the same error.

The spamgourmet.org main site always works perfectly using any browser, like the FAQ section explains.

Until I can figure out how to avoid this 403 error, I can not P.M. any Admin to ask for a unpublished custom domain request.

I was lucky enough to post a message for help to the BBS, that alone took over 15 attempts or more and I lost count. I'm unable to tell if the problem is with my OS/PC/config or Spamgourmet's BBS.

I do not have this problem with any other internet web-sites.
Bythesea

Solution to? Endless logins & countless 403 Forbidden errors

Postby Bythesea » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:51 am

These solutions are NOT needed for https://spamgourmet.com or .net or .org
The main site has worked perfectly for many years, "Long live Spamgourmet!".

The following is needed for https://bbs.spamgourmet.com
At least for my setup/network/computer etc.

Some solution(s) to a mysterious BBS and/or My web-browsers error(s) or glitch.

At first I thought it was one error / glitch, but is is two different ones that plagued me at the same time. Oh the madness!

I was looking at my cookies settings for the last month. It was not cookie blockage! Also all other internet/web/email/network sites have been working well. Only https://bbs.spamgoumet.com was having troubles.

Even though I suspected my system was okay, and I KNEW https://spamgourmet.com was perfect.
I had a hard time accepting that the BBS was broken. It did not make sense.

Glitch #1:
If you are using a VPN that rotates its IP addy every 30-240 seconds or equivalent type network/ISP, the BBS software(?) will drop your login when your IP changes (even with allowing BBS cookies) and force you to re-login again, and again.

No exceptions! Since my VPN does rotate IPs rather quickly (less than 2 minutes somedays) this WILL CAUSE "Endless Logins". Especially on posting public or private messages for HHHELL...PPPPPPhhhh!!

Solution #1a:
Locate a trusted or semi-trusted public or private proxy with HTTPS/SSL support. Make sure you can connect to it with HTTPS://, and make sure it allows you to browse the web with HTTPS:// in the "URL form selector". This will stabilize the IP. As long as you didn't pick a proxy that rotates its IP address. If it does rotate IP, make sure it holds for a rotation of 30 minutes, not 30 seconds. My VPN can do what wants without me changing anything on my computer, without changing any VPN settings, without needing to change to a different VPN, which was not going to happen for me.

I used the following web proxy settings for the BBS.
Include Form (Checked / yes)
Remove Scripts (Not checked / no)
Accept Cookies (Checked / yes)
Show Images (Checked / yes)
Show Referer (Checked / yes)
Rotate13 (Not Checked / no) {should work if (Checked / yes)}
Base64 (Not Checked / no) {should work if (Checked / yes)}
Strip Meta (Not Checked / no) {may work?? if (Checked / yes)}
Strip Title (Not Checked / no) {doubtful to work?? if (Checked / yes)}
Session Cookies (Checked / yes)

Solution #1b:
Get virtual shot-gunn, aim at keyboard, unload both barrels into keyboard.
Keyboard turns into flying chicklets. Do not forget to duck! Feel 100% better and be happy, log off with what is left over. Remember be kind to optical mice, hunting season is not open on them, YET. :o

I picked "Solution #1a", and it worked. I did consider Solution #1b. :D

Once I got the "Endless logins" to stop, or at least only having to re-login every 30 minutes or more. I could now try to write private messages again, and I was hoping it would work! Lo and behold, it "FAILED!!" The curse of the Forbidden 403 error returns.

I retried to send a P.M. several times today and got a Forbidden 403 error each time!
The good news is, it NEVER ASKED ME TO "LOGIN IN AGAIN" and again, and again.
Only "ONE LOGIN", with many attempts to send a "FAILED" private message. This was half good.
At this point, I took a break to get food & drink and do some electronic thinking.

I decided that I was being hit with two errors at the same time.
So if this be two bugs, I said to myself, then the first one was the BBS and was some how set to drop login sessions on change in IP address, even with cookies allowed. Solution #1a solved this.

But this second bug seems to have nothing to do with cookies either, just like the first bug. I remembered before, when I posted my first public message for HHHELL...PPPPPPhhhh! (needed over 15+ attempts and had to type fast) and was allowing spamgourmet cookies. My public post got through, after many attempts. (IP rotation bug? or BBS feature?)

This #2 Glitch is the really mysterious BBS error / (bug in code?).

Glitch #2:
If you write a private message to anyone, and it contains the following words on one line, any where in the message. You will generate the following error:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /ucp.php on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

If you write a public message it will say:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /posting.php on this server.
etc...

The BBS software gives you the middle finger and your message never gets saved to drafts, never gets sent and I mean "NEVER!"

If you put Quotes around the one line of magic cursed words. The Private or Public message will go through and you will never see the error.

This error is not a joke, it's real! Leave it to me to find a "1 Trillion to 1 odds" coding error, which happens to occur at the same time as another glitch and looks like "one error" of unknown cookie blockage.

Digital Computers have been around for over 80 years, this could be the granddaddy of all computer bugs known to both mice and men.

The Spamgourmet Magic Cursed Words are the following : (With quotes of course, and with colon, or my message won't save.)

"Copy of request private custom domain message:"

Sincerely a member spam-hater (and with my electronic sanity back),
ByTheSea.

P.S. Please do not ask me how I solved "the #2nd BBS code Glitch of the magic cursed words."
It is a very painful long story, and no one would ever believe it anyways!
:shock:
Bythesea

Postby lovespamgourmet » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:45 pm

Hello ByTheSea,
my PMs remain in the outbox, but I am not using any of your magic words. Is there is a list of magic words to stay away from? Any other suggestion why PMs remain in the outbox unsent? I also tried different browsers with different settings. Only one PM went through, none after that first one.
Thank you, LoveSpamgourmet
lovespamgourmet

Postby Bythesea » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:31 am

Hello lovespamgourmet - Neighbour Spam-hater,

I know of no other list of magic curse words. Just the following line.

The BBS magic curse words are = "Copy of request private custom domain message:"
Minus the quotes.

I have had given it some thought over the last 2 years.
I suspect that in the source code for the BBS; that the error has something to do with "The Colon" following after the words "Copy of" or the word "message".
If you remove "The Colon". The sending of Public or Private Messages might work.
Maybe add quotes to your whole message? One quote at the start, one at the end of message, none in the middle.
A "string parsing error" in the BBS source code, maybe?

I hope there are no other BBS magic curse words!
Maybe you have found a secondary error related to the magic curse words?

Sincerely a member spam-hater that loves swimming,
ByTheSea.

lovespamgourmet wrote:Hello ByTheSea,
my PMs remain in the outbox, but I am not using any of your magic words. Is there is a list of magic words to stay away from? Any other suggestion why PMs remain in the outbox unsent? I also tried different browsers with different settings. Only one PM went through, none after that first one.
Thank you, LoveSpamgourmet
Bythesea

Return to General Discussion